1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

House of Blues: Santana

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by westie, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $99.50 to See An Intimate Evening with Santana at House of Blues Las Vegas
    on January 26–31 (Up to $156.50 Value)

http://tinyurl.com/kxlrf2n

2. oaktownjc

oaktownjc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    h of b

I bought my ticket and dinner res. before the show. I've never been to a Santana show.
    How is the food at the house of blues? Whats the best dinner to order...kinda a meat and potatoes guy.... Any past experiences to share with the venue or restaurant?

3. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    House of Blues restaurant is nothing special. I ate there once, and the meal was decent. If you want something more special (and far more expensive), you could try the Foundation Room.

The venue is Awesome. Do a search for "Santana", and limit it to "search titles only", and you will find several review threads. Here is the thread where I posted some comments and pictures:

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So Carlos asked the crowd the other night, "how old would you be, if you didn't know how old you are?" Great quote from Satchel Paige... challenging question.

5. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    unless you have seats up stairs or stand in the pit up front i think the venue suxs, im not a fan of house of blues period,

i dont like the sight lines on the botton and the fact the bottom level you mostly under a over hang, the best seats on the bottom they upsell as table bottle service.
    if its crowed its really bad,

6 dollars for water
    14 $ for a beer

i try not go there
    sorry im debbie downer ,on a good note its one set and a short show so you wont be in there long.

ps theres a full body search and pat down and meatal dector on the way in.once your in you canot leave

6. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our experience was very different than Paperposter described. We saw Santana on May 5, 2013, at HoB in Mandalay Bay. There was no metal detector, no pat down,and no bag search. We enjoy the venue, and the sight lines were excellent from our table (next to the mix booth) for the Santana concert.

Enjoy the show!

7. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I went In Sept. bought the zone fiesta tickets, standing room , we got there about an hour 1/2 early and were one first few in the door, we got front spot right in front of Carlos on the stage. If you havent seen him you need to go class act and a legend; who by the way can still shred it :nworthy:

Just Click The Book It Button It's Easy
  8. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the HOB is a fine venue. I didn't care what they charged for water, I was there for the music.

9. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i said unless you buy one of the tables downstairs, they up sell them, those are the best seats in the house

10. valsdad

valsdad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kind of pricey for an oldies band.

11. Icedgenes

Icedgenes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah definitely pricey! Love Santana but I could not bring myself to pay full price to go last September. Would have been $500 for 2 of us down front or awful seats up and to the side for 350ish.

Sorry but I am old and recall spending $40 for 2 days at the Newport Jazz fest and under $20 for every 2 band concert.

12. oaktownjc

oaktownjc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    groupon

I found a groupon for about $99 a seat. I think that's a fair price for a smaller venue. An oldie legend !:evillaugh

13. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    compared to what brintney spears charging 100 to 2500$ to not even sing and have any talent .at least carlos has talent and has proven it for 50 years .hes a rockstar and a guitar hero not a lipsyncher sorry :poke:

14. oaktownjc

oaktownjc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carlos

Real rock by a real musician and band. Sat in the upper tier, good seats except the very end sections. Carlos played a 90 minute + show and I loved it. I saw a Goupon for front section, standing room for cheap.....a memory for life...

15. queentata

queentata High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I def. would not call him an "oldies band". He is a legend and amazing player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.