1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

House of Blues - Mandalay Bay - Tips & Suggestions

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by SikDmax, Nov 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SikDmax

SikDmax Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey everyone.... Im planning to go back for another Vegas trip in a few weeks, and Ive got a couple of (girl :evillaugh) friends workin me pretty hard to get things setup for a weekend trip Dec 28-30 most likely, and seeing Maroon 5 at the House of Blues at MB.

I dont currently have a host, but my play is starting to get to where one might be needed. I currently have unlimited comped rooms it seems at the Trashy Castle (4 current free comp offers in my MLife) but I refuse to stay there, and also have a couple of comped nights at NYNY. I usually stay at MGM but was thinking of staying at MB since thats where this concert will be and its a relateively quick trip. I also like hitting up the MIX and Foundation Room, so itd be a good location. I dont imagine Id have any luck getting any of those comp nights xferred over to the MB?

Otherwise, Im looking to get a front VIP table for 4 for the show and then 2 rooms (once nice suite for myself and GF, regular room for the other 2 girls ) as well as gambling, nice meals for 4 I will pick up for the weekend, etc. Think Id have any luck either calling a VIP Services Host at MB, or some sort of host from HOB and being able to work out any sort of combo or discounted package or anything?

Also, what is everyones opinions on the seating areas at HOB? I remember reading the very front of the balcony isnt the greatest, for example. Also that they start the shows somewhat later than posted to get you in the door for drinks beforehand, etc. Any tables or areas better than others? That kind of tip or helpful hint. Any ideas what Id be looking to pay for a table for 4? I guess tickets go on sale in the morning so Im trying to figure out some sort of gameplan so I can get it handled tomorrow. Thanks everyone!

2. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I checked pricing for a VIP table for Santana, it was around $375/person. The HoB website has details on what the VIP tables include.

Cheers,

3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The House of Blues has a stage and then maybe 20 feet deep of floor (general admission) space in front of it, then a slightly elevated VIP seating area with the priciest seats. There are then a few tables to the sides and in behind the VIP area. The rest of the main floor is open space (and three bars at the sides and back). General admission holders can basically stand anywhere there isn't a seat.

The balcony goes all the way up to the edge of the stage on the sides and is pretty high. I haven't had these seats, but I imagine the view would be pretty odd from the seats at the very sides (not sure if you'd see the drummer).

For Santana, the doors opened around 7 but the show did not start until after 8. That may be different for concerts with opening acts.

4. lpearl

lpearl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Maroon 5 is at the Events center. I'm trying to get tickets this morning too.

5. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good catch, Ipearl. The MB Events Center is a large venue (I'd guess a seating capacity of 10,000-12,000 in most configurations). While it is a decent large venue, the experience is completely different from that found in an intimate venue like the Pearl or HoB.

VIP concert packages may be available for this concert from LiveNation.

6. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. lpearl

lpearl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got my tickets, section 209 - 2 for just under $200...

8. GREGRIO

GREGRIO Tourist

I've been on the floor with Gen' Ad tics, I've been at a table
    but with folks standing in front of you (even though the stage
    is high) it still messes up your view.
    I've used the balcony several times now and prefer that.
    The place is small enough your view and sound is great up there...
    no heads in your way and it looks real good. (last Show SANTANA)
    Avoid the first 3 rows. The handrail can be in your view. I was 4th
    row center for SANTANA and it was great (real steep up there...)
    but I certainly prefer it to the 'jam' downstairs.
    For Maroon5...maybe tables on the front floor like Carlos requested
    for his Show...if not, it's Gen'l Ad and standing all night.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.