1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

house of blues gospel brunch

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by harrisab, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harrisab

harrisab Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wondering if anyone has redeemed this yet? Is it any good? Did you need to make a reservation or just collect from Mlife and turn up?

2. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I redeemed it and they sent me instructions by e-mail. However, the person at Mandalay Bay told me I don't need to call (the number is only for hotel reservations) and just show up to redeem. The problem I'm worried about is what if they sell out their 1 pm sitting the day I want to eat there? I have no idea if it sells out regularly or not, but I hate not knowing for sure if I'm going to be able to attend.

3. harrisab

harrisab Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    well from your count down timer you go before I do,I'm going in 76 days. I was going to nip there when I'm in Vegas to book a few days before, however I've been looking at reviews and they don't seem that great, might cash mine back in and get something else.
    Hope you have a good time

4. jackpot22

jackpot22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been before and it is so so would not go out of my way to eat there.

5. mcluekm

mcluekm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed the HOB Gospel Brunch this November. (I used the LVA 2 for 1 coupon). The lead singer was soulful and energetic. Her rendition of Amazing Grace gave me goosebumps. She had the whole crowd waving our table napkins and brought people onto the stage to celebrate birthdays etc. I don't often get to see live gospel music, so it was a treat for me. (A Canadian lapsed Catholic). The show lasted about an hour ? (I can't remember)

The food was satisfactory and you'd better get your food quick since they start the show 15-20 min after the doors open. (They keep the buffet open during most of the show). I enjoyed the omelette station. I asked for no oil and got a tasty 'scramble' instead of an omelette. The fruit (pineapple/melons) and peeled shrimp were fresh. Had some carved roast beef from the beef station. They also made fresh waffles at the waffle station and each table had their own coffee carafe. Plus, when you arrive, you can pick up one free mimosa from the bar. Other items included Southern food like grits, beans and apple cobbler.

I thought it was a good deal with BOGO coupons. I wouldn't pay full price ($45?) I left the buffet/show in an uplifted mood. A nice way to start a Sunday in sin city.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.