1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

hotels with free airport shuttle?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by random512, Nov 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. random512

random512 Low-Roller

Hello, are there any hotels on the strip with a free shuttle to/from the airport? Four Seasons doesn't do this but it seems like it should based on how much they charge.

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    None on the strip provide free shuttle service, but some of the CET properties will direct you to "one of their" shuttles that will take people to the airport. Most times, it's just one of the shuttle services making a pickup and they still charge.

3. random512

random512 Low-Roller

thanks sh0ck - good to know

4. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really? I really wish this was the case since I go to luxury hotels quite often and pay upwards of $1,500 for a room/villa but don't get any free airport pick ups/drop offs.. sometimes they even make me cough up extra for internet

5. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver Vegas Guru at Infinity

Trips to Las Vegas:
    there are some hotels like econo lodge places that do complimentary transportation, if you gamble a host might take care of you.

6. rdwy29

rdwy29 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Super 8 on Koval has a free airport shuttle. Not exactly a strip property, but close enough. We're using it in a few weeks.

7. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "like it should" is hard to say: most of the time people paying for a high end hotel aren't going to be worried about saving $5 per person on a shuttle ride, let alone probably not wanting to ride the shuttle in the first place.

8. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No they don't have a shuttle, but Four Seasons does have hotel drivers and vehicles (at least one Audi A8 and one Mercedes) which will transport you back to the airport at the conclusion of your stay. This free service cannot be reserved, you must request the car service in person at the valet stand just outside the hotel entrance. The number of vehicles is limited so if you leave at a busy time, a car may not be available.

As for getting to the Four Seasons from the airport, we just hire a limo after we land. You don't have to reserve limos in advance, there are usually plenty of limos (various sizes and styles) for hire waiting just outside the baggage claim area.

As far as other Strip hotels and free transportation, SkyLofts at MGM Grand will drive you to and from the airport. They picked us up at the airport in one of their RollsRoyce Ghosts. The return trip to the airport was in a Cadillac Escalade.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spending $1500 a night for a room? Spend another $20 and get a cab. or $40-5 0 for a limo.

Am I missing something here?

10. La$Vega$

La$Vega$ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like Space Nerd said
    or
    LV LD: Call and speak with your host or get one and I'm guessing your stay or play would warrant a ride to and from the airport.

11. matguy

matguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Fortune (not strip, near the Hard Rock) had one last year, though it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't any more.

12. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wasn't talking about Vegas specifically, I was talking about luxury hotels in general. Vegas is an exception considering the airport is so close to the Strip. There are other cities (ex. Tokyo) where the airports are so far from the downtown area that cabs and car services cost a ton of money. Earlier this year I took the hotel car from Narita to the Peninsula and it cost me $300 one way, which was a discounted price since I knew one of the managers from a different property. There are also places like the Maldives where an airplane/boat transfer (which is required for pretty much all the resorts) can cost ~$500 round-trip per person on top of the hotel rate.

13. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hotel 32 (top of Monte Carlo) does provide limo service for any suite other than the basic Studio, including airport pickup and drop off.

14. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I used to stay at V/P, they had a free shuttle to the airport.

15. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll just throw in ElCo. They have a free airport shuttle, but with the names of the resorts being thrown around, maybe not for the OP. :evillaugh

Christmas
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.