1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hotel reward

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by rufferto, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rufferto

rufferto Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When cashing in a hotel reward, how does the 90 day window work? We are looking at staying at the Monte Carlo and friends of ours have said you have to go down every morning to cash in your reward while the Luxor does not require this.
    So just wondering if it is considered redeemed when you book the room or when you actually stay at the property.

2. jtdl

jtdl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some myVegas agents will link the reservations so that you don't have to check in and out every day. If you get one like I had that says they can't do that, then just email reservations at the hotel and they will do it for you.

The room has to be booked within 90 days of purchasing the reward but the reservation can fall outside of 90 days. I redeemed hotel rewards last week for dates in May.

3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to call within 90 days to reserve the room, not use (consume) it. Your reservation could be 8 months from now if that's when they have availability.

When you check in, the reward will be considered consumed, which counts toward the 3 per 30 days limit. Also, if you have more than one reservation, just let the front desk clerk know and see what their procedure is about linking the reservations. Sometimes they will require you to come down and get a new key made at the end of each separate reservation and sometimes they can code the keys to work for your entire stay. (I've had both happen at Mirage on 2 separate trips.)

4. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at MC last month with friend and we each used a weekend bonus night and i paid for 4 nights.....2 before the weekend nights and 2 afterwards which resulted in 4 different reservations and we had to go down 3x to get new keys. IMO it wasn't that big a deal considering the almost $300 savings for the two weekend nights and resort fees.

5. xan51090

xan51090 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just booked rewards for rooms at Aria and MB for our trip in September. The reward is considered "redeemed" when you call to book not when you check in. You can't cancel and have the LP's put back in your account once you've booked. Both hotels were able to link my husband and my reservations.

6. Fligster

Fligster High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is not what the FAQ indicates, it says Hotel rewards are redeemed when you check in.

I REDEEMED FOR A HOTEL STAY MORE THAN 90 DAYS FROM NOW, DOES THAT COUNT IN MY 3/30 LIMIT?
    Hotel stays are considered "redeemed" when they are used, not when they are booked. They will count as 1 redeemed reward when you check in.

15th Anniversary Trip
    Pink17 ITSM Conference
  7. xan51090

xan51090 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I booked the other day, the agent told me that once we'd booked, the reward was considered redeemed and the award couldn't be cancelled. If you go to the tab on the top of the rewards section and look under my purchases, the award will show under the redeemed section once it's booked. If you have purchased a hotel reward but haven't booked it yet, it shows under redemption pending. I have booked 2 awards for hotel stays under my account and 2 nights under my husbands. This means that we only have 1 award left each for anything else we choose to purchase for our trip in September. The hotel and show awards are the only ones that will show redeemed before you are physically in Vegas as they require reservations. So to answer your question, they do apply to your 3/30 question. We had the same questions when we went this past September. We had booked 3 room rewards and tickets to Zarkana. We had 2 rewards remaining that we used for food when we got to Vegas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.