1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hotel Bill

Discussion in 'Comps' started by incognito, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. incognito

incognito Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm platinum with CET and my room are usually comped. I do not have a host, and i dont think my play is that much for one. I have some food comps for $10 and b1g1 free show tickets and you charge it to the room and the discount will be applied.

My question is I have seen some posts about ppl (that do NOT have a host) being able to get some or all of their hotel bill comped. Is it based on your play for your stay?? Is it the check-out clerk that is removing it off your bill?? I usually check-out on the TV and spare myself time at the check out counter, so usually end paying for everything that is charged to the room. I do have a decent amount of RC but I don't really want to use them on food. I would rather use them for a room during high peak weekend when my room isnt fully comped.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are getting offers for $10 in food, then your play is not at a level a host is going to do much, if anything for you. Everything is based on average daily play. Yours must not be high, hence the limited offers.

You can best judge if you should use RCs for food or for room. I assume you go online already and check what your rooms nights are for every single day of the month in every single hotel. HINT - do not use offers.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    unless you play at a fairly high level all you're going to get is the "use RCs for your food" speech from CET.

4. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we stayed at Flamingo we used the Platinum checkout and the guy behind the desk there was able to comp everything off our hotel bill.

Usually we stay at MGM properties and with them we check out at the MLife booth they have the ability to apply any extra comps, use our Express Comps to pay for anything and check us out.

5. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally only get extra off mine when I was Diamond - at Platinum they seem to take off exactly what they need to for satisfying the bill.

It's a 1 for 1 exchange for food or paying for a room in Vegas. Use them when you have them - you are getting no better value applying towards a room than you are towards food. None of the restaurants have a 2/1 ratio (like a lot in ACity) so you will get the same value from them either way. The only way you get shorted in Vegas is if you convert it to free play.

6. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gold/Platinum/Diamond doesn't always matter when it comes to RFB comps. What matters is their secret calculations in their computers. But generally speaking, the higher house advantage games you play, the higher the comps. The lower advantage games you play, the lower the comps. You'll see diamond texas hold em players that BARELY get rooms at IP comped, then you'll see gold slot players that get hefty RFB comps. That part doesn't always matter.

Best thing to do is when you are ready to check out, tell the person at the check out desk, you'd like "to check out with a host". They will evaluate your account, apply your RCs, and then apply their discretionary comps. It's very easy. :)

7. incognito

incognito Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to Everyone with their replies, I just hope I can get part if not all food taken off. I'm staying at Bally's this weekend and I'll let you all know what happens.

8. queentata

queentata High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious, nostresshere...why not use offers?( I feel like this might be a stupid question, but I really don't know the answer.)

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Offers are fine. But, as many have found, just going to the booking engine, while logged in of course, will often get even better deals. Not always, but I am guessing about 80% of the time or better.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.