1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

hot crab legs

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by tominiowa, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tominiowa

tominiowa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where are they served hot during their friday night seafood night or are they served places
    hot other nights of the week. Of course snow crabs hot would even be better. But we can settle for smaller ones as long as they are hot. I know the rio regular buffet refused to warm some up for us.
    Thanks for your help. I have a LVI coupon book and it would be great to find these and have it be a place that accepts Las Vegas advisor.

2. Vegas Dave

Vegas Dave Newbie

I usually soak them in the warm butter and get refills of the butter often to keep it warm.

3. HAWJOHN

HAWJOHN Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fremont has snow crab legs under the warmer. It is not the best way to cook em, but it is okay. Seafood nites are Tue/Fri. I think MSS does the same on their Friday Seafood night.

4. crussader

crussader Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On my last trip I tried the Harrah's buffet, and they had hot snow crab legs. People were clearing them out as fast as they could cook them. No time to let them sit and cool on ice.

However, I think they go a little heavy on the MSG, so be aware if you are sensitive to that.

5. jimboguy

jimboguy Blubbery Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. tominiowa

tominiowa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the help, I did read somewhere that the Palms had them every night hot, but I never eaten there and have no idea of the quality of the buffet there.

anyone been there?

7. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Tom...Remember me from another board :)))??? How ya be????? The PH and Bellagio used to steam them if requested..but since its been awhile since i was out there cant say if it was still the case.

8. mjamesp

mjamesp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Main Street Station on Friday nights includes hot crab legs in their buffet. I normally stay at MSS and try to include Friday nights on my trips for this very reason.

9. nw2this

nw2this Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Silverton serves them hot and cold. So does Planet Hollywood.
    The line is longer to get them hot.

10. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very true. To me it seems the cold legs tend to be sweeter. Maybe the hot ones are dried up under the heat lamps?

I bypass the hot leg lines and just dip the cold legs in the warm butter. Works for me.

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  11. rayout

rayout Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gold Coast has them for the Friday seafood buffet. Whole and halved with drawn butter. They were cooked well and were always restocked. Also had raw oysters and clams, fried oysters and oysters rockefeller. It is $18 but you can get a 50% coupon from the kiosk after getting 10 points. Lost $10 but got my discount :p

12. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Harrah's Buffet has had them hot every trip and not just on Friday. PH has had both hot & cold. If you are Diamond the waiter will have them steamed and deliver to the table.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.