1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

host vs VIP/offers

Discussion in 'Comps' started by shifter, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    so there's always lots of discussion about using a host or booking an offer, etc, etc. I talked to my host last night about this and this is how it works. when you get an offer from corporate or from the hotel, you can book that through VIP. if you have a host or contact a host, you can ask him to book it.

if he books it, he gets credit for your play, but it's a double edged sword because he's also on the hook for your comps. so if you get an offer that's way better than you deserve for your play, no host in his right mind is going to book that. they're going to tell you to call VIP and book it. if he gives you 4k in comps upfront because of an offer with a suite, $500 resort credit, $1000 FP, etc, etc, and he knows you normally only do 4k theo in the entire trip, he's screwed. if you call VIP and book it, there's no one individual who gets the blame.

this is also why some people will book with a host and then get an offer in the mail, call up the host to hope to add F&B or FP from the offer and he'll say he can't do it. you're not entitled to that extra stuff just because it came in the mail. it's his choice whether or not he gives it to you. if he doesn't, you can cancel with him and call VIP and book the offer, but you may end up with a worse deal overall because you may have to pay more for extra nights or get a worse room, etc.

so the bottom line is an offer vs a host is completely separate. if you want the offer, book it through VIP. otherwise the host is going to give you what he thinks your play deserves. sometimes that's better, sometimes not.

2. vegas3

vegas3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great info, it should be a sticky.

3. fas87

fas87 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the intel.

4. SBTX

SBTX Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. Valuable information everyday :nworthy:

5. stackinchips

stackinchips High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's kind of what I already assumed. However, it's pretty stupid that when you have an existing reservation (for instance 3 comp nights with nothing else) and you later get an offer for 3 free nights plus some extras (FP, Food, Limo, whatever) it's stupid that you can't just have the extras added to the existing reservation. Why should you have to cancel and rebook? It makes no sense.

6. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good information - thanks. This is what I assumed as well, and why I prefer just booking a marketing offer rather than dealing with a host.

7. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That all makes perfect sense. Thanks for the info.

8. Vegas55

Vegas55 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Shifter. Received a sweet rfb 3 night offer from Bellagio which I booked. Since I wanted to add an extra night I just contacted my host with the confirmation# and she added the extra night to the email offer. So I guess with what Shifter says the host is only on the hook for one comp night ?

9. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no, since she booked the offer, she gets credit for all your play, but is also on the hook for all the comps in the offer. she obviously thinks your play will cover that, which is why she was willing to book the offer and add the extra night. if she didn't think your play deserved the offer, she would probably tell you to book the offer through VIP and she couldn't add an extra night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.