1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Host Question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by JeterFan402, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeterFan402

JeterFan402 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm hoping someone can answer my question...We visit Vegas usually twice per year and always stay at the Bellagio. I am a Platinum card holder and my boyfriend is Gold. I was wondering what it takes to get a host? I have been happy with the property specfic offers that I receive (3 nights comped, $200 FP, and $100 F&B) but, I'm wondering if there is a possibility that I may be entitled to a little bit more. We typcally stay 5-6 nights each trip. I play slots for at least 5 hours (non-stop) per day. I usually bring with me approx $2500 per trip to play and that usually covers my entire trip. I mostly play quarters at 1.50 per spin but, I have also been known to play dollar machines between $3 and $5 per spin. I have a feeling that I do not qualify for a host but, I'm just curious. Most times when we arrive, they upgrade us to at least a salone suite but, on our last trip, we were upgraded at no charge to a Grand Lakeview 1 bedroom suite (under my boyfriends Gold status). Any thoughts, suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

2. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call. Ask to talk to a host. It certainly won't hurt your current offers...so you have nothing to lose.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow - super wow. If you spend some time here, you will find very few people that are not working REGULAR with a host will say they have been upgraded often to a suite, and especially a full 1 BR lakeview suite. It is a rare occurrence. Some get suites normally as part of the upfront offer or arrangements, but an upgrade on arrival - Nope!

Getting those upgrades might just as good as having a host, maybe. There have been some recent postings with a link to Bellagio hosts, and the name of some. You/he can call in and ask for VIP services. You maybe get even better offers.

By the way, he did not get that upgrade because he is Gold. Even Platinum and Noir's have trouble getting those upgrades. He apparently has a good ADT, or is REALLY, REALLY smooth at the front desk. Or, is not telling you something.

4. JDinTN

JDinTN MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with nostresshere you have had very lucky upgrades especially considering neither one of you is even Noir but just Platinum and Gold -- not that even Noir players get such lucky upgrades that easy.

Why do you even want a host???

Hell right now you two are getting very generously comped for your level of play -- at least after you include the upgrades. You can ask for a host if you want but with just a $2500 bankroll for an entire trip you're probably not generating enough play to get much more from a host then you already have on your offer. Then you risk a hotel clerk deciding to call your host at checkin the next time you ask for an upgrade and its extremely unlikely a host will ok those kinds of upgrade for you guys.

Honestly with a $2500 bankroll for an entire trip you were upgraded to a grand lakeview suite -- you were touched by an angel.

But if you still want a host -- just call VIP services and ask them of they can assign one to you. Nothing difficult about getting a host. It doesn't matter that you're not big players -- you'll probably get assigned a slot host who will just book you on your offers the same way you've been doing yourself.

5. maximus56k

maximus56k Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stay at the Bellagio every 3-4 months and IMHO with the amount of play you guys generate at this particular property I would never see a host. My Bellagio host has much higher expectations than any other host I have by far. But I love that damn place.:cry:What is the date and the day of the week that you guys go?

6. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, to answer the actual question: just walk in the host office and ask. The office has a door around the corner form the mlife desk, behind the BJ tables, but before you hit the craps pit

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what are you hoping to get from a host that you're not getting now? sounds like you're getting at least as much if not more than your play deserves.

8. JeterFan402

JeterFan402 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for all of your comments. I just didn't know if it would be beneficial for me to ask for a host. Based on the responses, we're just going to keep doing what we've been doing all along. :) Thank you everyone! :)

9. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, but tell us how you are getting those awesome upgrades. Most of us apparently are not doing something right. I just don't get it.

10. JeterFan402

JeterFan402 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honestly, I have no idea. Like I said earlier, I usually bring $2500. My boyfriend usually brings around $4000. But he is mostly a BJ player and plays $100 a hand. If he starts winning, he ups his bets. I've seen him playing $1000 a hand. There was a time at MGM that he started playing $50 a hand, kept winning and upping the bet. That night, he cashed out over $12,000. :)

11. JeterFan402

JeterFan402 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always ask if there are any complimentary upgrades available when we arrive. We also request that they note the reservation that we would like an upgrade if available when we make the initial reservation.

12. Gregsmt

Gregsmt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How is he not platinum betting at that level

13. JDinTN

JDinTN MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She said they only do two trips per year. I don't know the earning rate but its hard to believe two trips of $100 blackjack would get Platinum. Otherwise lots of green chip gamblers who play a bit more often would be platinum too.

14. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly correct. I took two trips last year, bet at pretty much the same level...$92 avg per hand one trip, $114 avg per hand the next...and ended with something like 125K tier credits total, firmly in the gold range.

15. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boyfriend may have a high ADT/Theo. Could easily not be at Plat with only two trips. May have a host and does not know it. His play is what is getting those comps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.