1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Host or not?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Metfan, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metfan

Metfan Guest

I started playing in Harrah's AC in April. I put in about 25k coin in on VP, lost about 3k. Urg

In July, I received a total of 1k in free play, and so far 700 in August.

I also received a letter from a host. Inviting me to get a 250 best buy card. Sounds good. But my question is: if I hook up with a host, do I start to lose the free plays in the mail? Does it hurt to have a host?

2. Ike

Ike Low-Roller

I think your numbers have to be off, or you've played more than just VP. Your 25K in coin in would only produce roughly $250 - $750 in theo, depending on which game you were playing.

To answer your question, it never hurts to have a host. They will hook you up with any standard marketing offers you have always had and can comp parts of your trip that you'd usually have to pay for. You will get the maximum return from your theo with a host, as long as you know how to work the system.

3. Metfan

Metfan Guest

So my free plays won't get lost if I use a host?

My wife used my card too. She played more on slots, maybe twice as mich, but she won. She hit a nice 125k jackpot! I thought that meant the points didn't count.

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    winning has nothing to do with the points. you earn points for play, not winning or losing. it sounds like your wife did quite a bit of slot playing and she's really the one that's getting you the offers.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wins or losses generally have no bearing. High end might. As to winning a big slot deal, the machines has already tracked a ton of play and the points/ADT are still there.

The host, especially at CET are pretty much tied to what the computer says. Like making reservations, they just push the buttons.

So, she hit $125k - wait till that hits your taxes. Ouch.

6. GolferTrav

GolferTrav Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No. It doesn't matter if you win or lose (to a point). It's about how much is cycled through the machine and how high of a house advantage there is.

Having a host will not affect your 'offers' of free play and can only get you more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.