1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hoops and Hops at Cosmo--Your Feedback Appreciated

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by vegas_or_bust, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our group of 12 is looking for a different option this year for a March Madness viewing party, and I have always been interested in the Hoops and Hops at Cosmopolitan.

(1) Has anyone been to Hoops and Hops? What are your thoughts? I am especially interested in whether there are reserved seats or its "first come, first serve."

(2) Has anyone heard whether they are having this viewing party again this year? There is nothing on their website, and I called yesterday and the person I spoke with said they have not announced anything yet.

Any feedback you may have is appreciated!

2. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never been to it, but my host told me back in October that they would be having a March Madness party this year

3. Jinx

Jinx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    March Madness in Vegas facebook group has a lot of information on the viewing parties including Cosmo's, hope you booked, as I thought I heard today that a number of days were already sold out for the Cosmo party. Although maybe not all of them.

4. Jinx

Jinx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correction, just the VIP for Thursday was sold out at this point.

5. vegas_or_bust

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the posts. We booked the VIP for Friday. Have a group of 14, so had to get tix immediately to avoid utter chaos with that many people and no reserved seats!

If anyone else is interested in the Cosmo, let me know if you have any questions. I spent a good deal of time on the phone clarifying what to expect.

6. wrobinson32

wrobinson32 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went ahead and booked a few tickets for it as well (GA). Vegas_or_bust did they give an idea of what seating would be like in either section?

I'd have booked VIP, but was hesitant to grab pay the extra money if the seating was going to be just as limited as GA.

7. jayh63

jayh63 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to this event last year on Thursday. Had GA and didn't get there until noon. By then there was no place to sit. Standing room only. Had to stand the entire afternoon. People left for dinner and I got a seat for the night games. VIP guarantees you a seat.

The party is located in the ballrooms which means a long, long walk to get there. I was staying at Aria. Not a bad walk to get to the Cosmo but once inside the walk to the ballrooms was a long trek.

I've been to MM parties all over the strip. I would grade the one at the Cosmo as a B-. I went elsewhere to watch the games on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

8. wrobinson32

wrobinson32 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's very helpful. What MM parties would you recommend?

Group I'm with will probably watch literally games all day, so figure wherever we go we can make it worth it lol.

9. vegas_or_bust

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Cosmo event is being held at the brand new Chelsea theater this year (completely different venue). It's a 3,000 seat venue. The GA tickets are for the floor seats. It's first come, first serve for seating at long tables, high tops, and at the bar. As a previous poster indicated, they will sell more GA tickets than what they have they have seats available, so you may have to stand for a while until a seat opens up.

The VIP tickets are for the second floor. I was told they are not going to oversell these tix, so if you buy the VIP, you will have a guaranteed seat (although not a specific seat number). The way I understand it is that you can't even get up to the second floor without a VIP pass.

I have heard great things about the Chelsea theater, and the people I spoke with on the phone indicated they were going to make this year bigger and better than year's past.

FYI--there are also two uber-VIP packages that are available (i.e. $300 per person and up) that you can call to reserve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.