1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Holiday Airfare cost.... OMG!!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by sybgal, Jul 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have never flown during the Christmas holiday season. Several friends / family decided this would be the year to go to LV for NYE.......well....airfare prices are insane! Hubby has over 50,000 SWA points which advertises "2 Free Flights" but scratch that....NOT during the holidays. (we have had many free flights with points - always in March & August which is our usual times to go to LV) Just finished transferring my points to his account and had to buy an additional 15,500 just to cover this trip. Oh well....just an additional $500 expense we were not planning on BUT....we will be in LV for NYE...... YEAH!!!

2. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    New Years is in the middle of the week this year..........will pass.

I"d rather spread those 50k pts over the course of the year when theres a good sale. :faint:

3. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you are too far out to get the good rates. Usually 2-3 months out is when they drop. And check on Tuesdays, that's when airlines usually post their sales.

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  4. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many on here said that they were unlikely to drop because of the holiday travel time. The rates actually went up $37 each as of July 1 too. I will keep watching for specials daily until we leave since we can get credits on SW should we be so lucky. :)

5. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't speak for all airlines, but I know southwest doesn't drop for the days after the 18th of Dec...if anything, they go up, even during their decent sales....the 18th of Dec is the cutoff.

6. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah for New Years Eve expect airfare to just keep going up. I was checking last year to see if I could get something close to normal (around $300pp) but airfare was in the $700pp are by October and just kept going up every week. Same with in the past when we went for 2009/2010 where airfare was about $150 higher than usual by start of August and we waited until September where it was closing in on $800pp (NYE was a weekend that year so prices were going up fast).

7. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not always the case - we've gone at Christmas the last two years, usually leaving around the 19th or 20th and returning the 22nd or 23rd, and were able to book under sales that came out about a month ahead of time.

That being said, I agree that rates will likely stay pretty high for the days between Christmas and New Years.

Vegas Just Because...
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.