1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hofbrauhaus at Paradise Road

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Danny1970, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Danny1970

Danny1970 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Question: anyone been to the Hofbrauhaus? Is it an expensive place?
    For example, what do I have to pay for a big glass of beer or a sausage ?
    http://www.hofbrauhauslasvegas.com/

Thank you :)

2. roycpa

roycpa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been a while since we were there. The beer is good if you like German beer (I do). Food was unspectacular, though not terrible.
    Prices for beer were high compared to your local bar or to a downtown microbrewery (777), but low compared to buying a bottle from a bar at a strip hotel. The acoustics are awful, so if you are trying to understand the words to a band is singing, you are pretty much out of luck. It's much more fun with a group than as a single or a couple. Last time we were there, a full table of 10-12 people was all speaking german, so I guess it is somewhat authentic.

3. smerrian

smerrian Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Picnic table family style seating. BIG mugs of beer. Food is above average but German which only rates a B in my book...how good can a wurst and kraut be? It is a high spirited evening. Best with a bunch of people (4 or more) that aren't introverts, you can have a really good time here...but how do you drive back to the hotel?

4. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

It was a different atmosphere.
    I only had a pretzel + beer - was bit surprised at the bill.
    The live band was fun.
    Agree with other poster - the acoustics are brash.
    But there is a quieter room in the back.
    One time - yes, do it !........brew wasn't bad either !

5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been there twice now. I would call it moderate in price but it does seem a bit spendy for what you get. I've always had the bartender recommend a type of beer for me.

The oom-pah band does get a bit loud, particularly if you're seated in the west side of the main hall. One amusing thing is that every so often some guy will order the type of a shot which comes with a spanking! :)

6. LukeDWyatt

LukeDWyatt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there on a trip last October. Food was fine, sausage, pretzels, potato salad, nothing amazing.

Three drunk German guys sat down beside us, and the next thing we know everyone at the table are getting their asses paddled. That hurt. You pay for the shot, and tip for the paddling.

7. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't do shots, and I certainly would not want the spanking, but I cheered them on, both the spank-er and the spank-ee. :)

"Thank you ma'am, may I have another!" :) :) :)