1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

High Roller at the Linq question

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by rje, Jan 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rje

rje High-Roller

Happy New Year all!
    After a long absence from the board, I am back aheard of an upcomng trip!
    My last trip was a year ago- so I feel long over due! I normally average about 2.. sometime 3 trips per year. But 2014 was a busy- and expense year having gotten married, bought a house, and a new puppy!

I am looking forward to taking a ride on the Linq- When it was under contruction I recall reading that the cars will be equipped with bars on baord- does anyone know if this is the case- and if so when tehy are in operation?

Thanks!

2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No bar on board when we rode it. However, there's a bar right in the queue to enter.

3. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some of the pods have bars which provide an open bar service during the 30 minute ride. Obviously it cost more to ride in the bar car so you need to specify that when you purchase your tickets. I think it's only available during the evening hours.

Cheers!

4. pleasemum

pleasemum Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Groupon has a deal right now for the High Roller including all you can drink - $69. Not sure I can go through more than one drink in that time though.

There was another deal that seemed to be better not too long ago but I can't seem to find it - if I come across it I will repost.

5. ExVegasLocal

ExVegasLocal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Used the groupon for the "happy half hour ride". I want to say it was $69 for two passengers. The pod had a bartender with tons of top shelf booze. There were about 8 folks in the pod and we each had three drinks before we made it all the way around. Tipped the bartender well as she was fast, friendly, and made us a special cocktail with champagne, raspberry vodka, and chambord. It was tasty! Definitely worth doing once.

6. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interestingly, there are no "bar cars" on the High Roller. Instead, if bar services are booked they simply roll specially-equipped carts with all the bar/drink basics into one of the pods. You'll be able to watch it happen because they stop the wheel to load and unload the carts. If patrons want specific drinks they book those in advance as well.

Bill

7. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I rode, there was a car setup up for happy hour. Those guests were in a separate holding area and just boarded like everyone else. They didn't have to wheel the cart on and they didn't have to stop anything. The bartender was ready and everyone stepped straight up to place their orders.

8. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because they had already stopped the wheel to load the cart as prep on a prior rotation. They don't load the cart and the people at the same time. Hang out and watch the process - you'll see what I mean.

Bill

9. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could be that with the groupon it's getting popular enough they just leave the bar setup in some cars.

10. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I purchased LivingSocial's High Roller open bar option. I was traveling solo. The experience was BRILLIANT!

Folks waiting for the non-bar car had a bit of a queue, but I walked right into my open bar pod. I actually could not drink (just gingerale) but chatted with the bartender as I enjoyed the view. He told me that the open bar usually has just 12-20 people where as the other ride is packed. I plan to repeat the experience in July.

President's Week School Vacation in Las Vegas
  11. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw it stop once so they could roll on a folding bed.

What's up with that?

I'm kidding.

lol

12. maximusdogimus

maximusdogimus Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just bought the Groupon for $69. Going the end of February and really looking forward to this. Last trip to Vegas the High Roller opened 1 month after we were there.

13. pikabu

pikabu Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used the Groupon and did the 'happy hour ride' in December. The pod was packed, but the bartender did a good job. She was quite fast and most people had two drinks each. The bartender's specialty was some type of tropical drink made with coconut rum. Worth doing once.

14. matti

matti Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They were prepping for my ride!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.