1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

High quality polo shirts

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by bdautch, Jul 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdautch

bdautch High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always loved the polo shirts sold by British retailer Charles Tyrwhitt. Pictured here is one of their older models; currently, they make those lightweight "saggy" polo shirts that look frumpy. The older version, such as the forest green one shown below, really held their form when you wore them. They weren't meant for golf and the like; they were meant to be worn as a dressy casual shirt. Like, a true heavyweight polo shirt, with the contrasting color around the buttons.

Since Tyrwhitt (pronounced "Tirrit") doesn't make these nice heavy ones anymore, I'm trying to find another brand. Sorry for the crappy picture; my photography skills are even worse than my taste in clothing.

Can anyone make any recommendations?

Attached Files:

2. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

I'm a Psycho Bunny fan. Actually, I kind of go overboard with their polos...ask my wife...lol. Www.psychobunny.com

3. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still deal almost exclusively with Tyrwhitt dress shirts. Great for the price. Literally the only other dress shirts I have are Armani or D & G, and those probably run 4-5 times as much as the Tyrwhitt ones.

As for polos, try Kent Wang. If you order three they will tailor them to you.

http://www.kentwang.com/polos?fabric_weight_select=193

4. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    a couple months back I picked up a couple polos from Duluth Trading. It was actually impressed by the quality of their clothes. It is a thick material and the prices are really not all that bad. I picked up a couple tshirts and jeans after that and I gotta say all their clothes are a very good quality.

5. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could try Peter Millar or LL Bean.

I like the combed cotton polos but they are very hard to find. All I see now are the high-tech polyester fabrics.

And I'm not paying over $25 for a polo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.