1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

High limit VS floor table comps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by RiddickBull, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noticed when I was playing baccarat on the normal floor at the Mirage, the pitboss would walk over and type some numbers into a computer near the table every so often. I played high stakes at Aria and noticed that the pitboss would watch every hand.

Will you be rated differently from the high stake tables vs normal floor tables? Say you are betting $150 per hand. Would it advantageous to play on the normal floor so you could be rated when you are not playing every hand in baccarat to gain a bigger theoretical?

2. y2mulder

y2mulder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will be rated more ACCURATELY in high limits. Less action to watch for the critters, so they can pay more attention to the play.

As for bacc, unless you are sitting out 30% of the shoe, I highly doubt the suits will hammer your play. If you take your play out to the floor, you stand a much better chance of not getting rated well.

3. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe Aria reviews every hand in the high limit room, so you should be precisely rated based on every bet you make

4. Goosey

Goosey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends on the high limit room and pit bosses. I played at the Cosmo HL room once and the pit boss there watched me like a hawk. He was literally punching something in after my every bet (I was pretty much the only guy there). My bet was relatively consistent so I bet he was just calculate how many hands I end up playing. In other HL rooms (like Aria), the pit boss usually has nothing else to do but to watch and converse with the players and dealers (if they are the type). They tend not to record it every time you place a lower bet than norm and they are more focused on inputting how much chips you're holding once in a while after figuring out roughly how many hands you end up playing. Or at least that's what I think.

One thing to watch out for is that many bac tables outside of the HL room keep track of the free hands you took. There is a limit to the number of free hands you can take. In the HL room, they generally don't care as long as it's reasonable. Personally, I prefer playing in the HL room if I'm gambling the minimum anyways. Just less of a stickler for rules.

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it depends on how you play. if you flat bet every single hand, don't worry about it either way. you'll be rated the same everywhere. but if you vary your bets a lot and especially if you start low and press fairly hard, you'll get better ratings in the HL room. oftentimes on the floor the pit boss will just see the first bet and walk away and may not see anymore bets for a while. if your first bet was $500 but a few hands later you had pressed to $2k, he's not going to see that. at the end he will probably have you rated very low for what you deserve.

on the other hand in the HL room they're assigned to one table only usually so they're watching every hand and will write down when you bet bigger. then if you're tipping you can usually talk to them at the end and get them to put down a higher average bet than you really deserve. on the main floor i feel like you're just fighting to get the rating you deserve, let alone get any kind of boost. in the HL room i almost always get rated higher than a deserve by $250-500 and it makes a big difference at the end of the trip.

6. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with everyone else here. In the HL room you're going to get a very accurate rating. On the floor, you're taking your chances. You might get accurate, you might get low, and on rare occasions you might get a higher than expected rating.

This all disregards craps, which is much more subjective.

7. MangoPort

MangoPort Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HL room has better service, better drink comps, better (more attentive) staff, on top of all the potential better comps listed by others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.