1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hi there!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by purple_las_vegas, Aug 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purple_las_vegas

    purple_las_vegas Tourist

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2015
    Messages:
    8
    I'm a bit late to the party because I'm obsessed with Vegas and yet have only discovered this forum in the past few weeks. Suffice to say I'm now hooked!

    I live in the UK and my equally Vegas-obsessed husband (good job eh!?) and I are about to go on our 20th trip.

    We are slot players and again despite having gone numerous times are only recently appreciating how to work the comps system - beyond having a host. I don't think we're prolific gamblers and I'm 100% slots with hubs being 95% slots and the other 5% tables when he gets the Dutch courage.

    I prefer penny slots and am a sucker for the themed ones even though I know their payback is rubbish in comparison and the play accumulation is pretty pants too. Oh well.

    Until last year we were Platinum MLifers and happy with that but in the 2013/2014 cycle we were demoted because we spread our play about more. We're still Gold this year but I have to admit that I am jonesing to get the platinum one back but with only one trip this year instead of our normal two, I think we probably need to focus on retaining Gold . That being said, we are going to be there for 17 nights and a lot of damage can be done in that time (makes me sweat with fear and excites me all at the same time!)

    Anyway, I love reading everyone's trip reports and learning the tricks of the trade and for the next 20 days this is going to be my bible. Not that I'm counting or anything... I'm hoping to write a trip report whilst we're out there, but am not sure whether I have the permissions.

    Hope to chat to some people soon.

    Plv
     
  2. Geogran

    Geogran OTD Tea Sipper

    Joined:
    May 1, 2014
    Messages:
    1,406
    Location:
    capital of Texas
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    42
    Welcome!! So much good stuff on this board.
    With 17 nights in Vegas, I'm guessing you will have plenty of tales to tell here..
    Have the very best luck on your upcoming trip!
     
  3. purple_las_vegas

    purple_las_vegas Tourist

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2015
    Messages:
    8
    Hi, thanks, I'm hoping there will be tales to tell! There will also be lots of pool time, got to get this pasty British skin bronzed up!
     
  4. sybgal

    sybgal VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Apr 19, 2004
    Messages:
    5,127
    Location:
    Indiana
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    29
    Welcome to the board!! I can only dream of a 17 day trip.....but could go broke in the process....lol. Hope you have a great time, win big & tell us all about it!! Best of luck to ya!
     
  5. Beach Crazy

    Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2002
    Messages:
    6,218
    Location:
    Central Illinois
    Glad you found us purple. Let's just say you are fashionable late and you have plenty of time to give and get tips. Welcome aboard!
     
  6. sam_marques

    sam_marques High-Roller

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2009
    Messages:
    602
    Location:
    Scotland
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    12
    Hello and welcome! This is a great forum for Vegas obsessed !! I've just returned on Saturday so I'm very depressed lol
    Enjoy your trip planning and Have a great and lucky trip!
     
    Mommys Solo Trips
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.