1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hi, my name is BlueBoar, and I'm...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by blueboar, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blueboar

blueboar Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everybody,

This is BlueBoar. A few of you will know me from a couple of other Vegas boards.

Thought I'd join the fun here as well. I've had the pleasure of meeting lots of nice folks that are members of this Board (and others) through the years.

I've been known to write a few trip reports. (And even finish a couple.) Although I've been getting away from that lately.

What with me being a quiet, retiring type, I naturally go to Vegas for all of the cultural activities. In fact, on my last trip, I: visited a museum; visited a bridge; attended a couple of theatrical performances; watched a few dance performances; and also managed to visit several live music venues.

[Translation: I went to the Neon Museum. To the Damn Dam Bridge. Saw Zumanity. Saw a special review from Broadway Cares. Visited Sapphires. Hit a ton of bars...]

I will occasionally take a drink and/or gamble. [I try to limit it to days that end with a “y”.]

And I'm usually in bed before 9. [am]

It's absolutely, categorically untrue that I've been thrown out of more than one Vegas nightclub. [just the one]

It is true that I was once so drunk that I lost my contacts...

I've never danced on a stripper pole. In Vegas. [that would be some of my friends...]

I've had a number of memorable meals in Vegas. Like at Craftsteak. Or the time I ate 3 Snickers bars from the machine at the Double Down, and then had a Slim Jim, and washed it all down with some Ass Juice and PBR's. [Trivia question: What do those two meals have in common? Answer: I didn't puke while at either place... ]

It's not true that during my last trip, that I rather loudly proclaimed to my friends at 4 am in Dupars, “Forget this stuff! I'm going to Caesars!” and then somehow ended up waking up the next day at The D with no cash in my wallet, but with a Caesars room key. [ok, ok, I'm told I used much stronger language than that... but who ya gonna believe? Some of my friends are drunks, gamblers, and degenerates...]

It is true that a couple of buddies and I once had lunch in Dupars with a delusional hooker.

It's not true that Drink N Drag wouldn't let me bowl last trip because I was too drunk. [evidently, according to my degenerate, lying, “friends”, I was too busy dancing with my shirt off to even consider going bowling...]

I've gambled at the Bellagio. And the Western. And most places in between.

I've drank in Pure, and Mix, and the Foundation Room, and the Chandelier Bar. And in the Stage Door, the Double Down, the Bunkhouse, and Frankie's Tiki Room. [and most places in between]

So, like I said, I'm kind of your typical, quiet dude that just goes to Vegas to relax a bit.

I know a little about the place, but there's tons of people that know a heck of lot more. But one thing I have learned is that it's good to try to bring some things home (like some of your money) and not a good idea at all to bring unplanned things home...

Luv,
    BlueBoar

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome BlueBoar!!! I look forward to reading more of your adventures... sounds like you know the town well!

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board!!

4. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Great intro! You are going to fit right in...welcome aboard.

5. macker69

macker69 Canadian Ambassador for Sully's Bar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About time Blueboar! I can say I've had the privilege of meeting him and he will fit right in!

6. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No mention of Sapphires, Steve?:wink2:

7. grosx2

grosx2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're talking to the OP, he said he went there on his last trip....

8. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome BlueBoar! I must say you had me hooked at Ass Juice! Love that stuff:drunk:

In the planning phase.
  9. blueboar

blueboar Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the welcome everybody!

Mack - It seems that we keep just missing each other lately out in Vegas. Although I did run into BeeJay and Gaggles a few trips back. I asked about you and they said you hadn't made that trip due to work. I looked at 'em mighty funny when they told me that! Missing a Vegas trip for work?!? I think maybe they were funnin' me...

Huddler - It is true that I was once dragged, under protest of course, to Sapphires by two of my friends. My arms still hurt from all the twisting!

Did y'all know they have "Sky Boxes" at Sapphires?

Two tips for anybody contemplating going:

1) They have an ATM machine. I advise you don't use it...

2) Don't offer to pay the Russian strippers in Rubles...

10. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey BB, welcome aboard! About time you made it here! You'll be happy to know your TRs won't be edited here, so perhaps you'd like to share some of your classic tales!

11. VPSue

VPSue Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to "see" you. I have been wondering what happened to you.

I thought of you yesterday during the Michigan game!

Looking forward to your TR's....always entertaining.

12. Julie888

Julie888 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No excuses for not writing TRs. Go for it. Welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.