1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

HI members Nov 2 HNL-SFO Virgin America then SFO-LAS $199

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Bernie2, Apr 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie2

Bernie2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay HI members VA will launch service on Nov 2 to HNL - SFO for $199 special fare while it lasts and then on December 3 SFO-OGG. Hopefully this works for our HI members. Aloha

2. blue227

blue227 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mahalo for the tip. I just checked the VA website and it doesn't list any $199 fares between HNL and SFO. Must have had a limited number of seats at that price and they are all sold out.

3. Bernie2

Bernie2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it was a limited number of seats and sure it sold out. Especially at that price.

4. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Make sure you check prices regularly. I got HNL-SFO r/t on Hawaiian Air for only $369 (total price) at the end of Feb/beginning of March. HNL-LAS r/t was over $520 at the time. I also got SWA SFO-LAS r/t for only $115 so I only paid $484 for airlines for my trip. Was great for me as I like to go to San Fran.

Hawaiian Air every quarter brings out discount prices but they don't last very long, like other airlines the prices start to go up as customers buy tickets. Of course during the busy season they don't drop prices as much but best to keep watching for price drops or subscribe to their emails so you hear about the discount prices.

This sounds good though, great to have another airline to provide competition and hopefully price drops. I wonder why it's taking so long for SWA to get their Hawaii/continental US flights going if Virgin already is ready to go with their Hawaii flights in Nov. SWA seems to have publicized their Hawaii plans a couple of years ago but we still don't hear anything firm about it.

5. Bernie2

Bernie2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When something comes up I'll let our HI members know. Also HA treats their flyers quite well. I little mystified about carriers going to HI because I didn't think there was that much demand but their is. [

6. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Supposedly Hawaiian is the only airline which offers a free meal on their flights to/from Hawaii. Unfortunately breakfast isn't the greatest, fruits and cheese and crackers and 1 mac nut candy. They do offer a free wine or some alcoholic punch with their meals. Dinner is well... an airline dinner. Some Hawaiian kind of special, beef or chicken or pasta or something but guess it is better to get this for free than not getting anything (like other airlines) unless you pay for it.

Some other drawbacks, Hawaiian does not offer free movies, you have to pay for it so while they have a screen on every seat they are not often used (I usually just keep it on the flight tracker). There are some things to watch for free but most of us just bring our own tablet or laptop or just crash on the flight over. I also notice the seat cushions are thin, my butt usually gets sore from sitting on them for 5 or 6 hours. Hawaiian doesn't offer free blankets and a pillow on their daytime flights. You have to pay for them. They offer free blankets and pillow on their redeye flights.

Hawaiian tries to offer "mahalo" service with a Hawaiian touch but to me the biggest draw is that they drop their airline prices every quarter (subscribe to their emails or check their site regularly) which make their prices much lower than most of the other airlines (except for cut rate airlines like allegiant).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.