1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hi from Scotland, uk

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Lindaanddarren, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lindaanddarren

Lindaanddarren Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,
    We have just booked our first trip to Las Vegas in October 2015 . We are staying at Caesars palace for 11 nights .. Looks a gorgeous hotel .I'm soo excited ,although don't know where to start with the planning . We re not sure what to do & have no idea how much spending money we will need (we aren't gamblers ) if anyone has any tips / advice I'd love to hear them . Thanks

2. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Linda & Darren,

You've come to the right place for help with your planning! If you aren't gamblers, you'll want to look at the shows/bars that Vegas has to offer. Also 11 nights is a long time in Vegas itself, perhaps consider splitting it into a 5 night trip with a night at the Grand Canyon, followed by a 5 night trip back in Vegas.

Also, other things to look at would be the Gun ranges, cowboy trail rides, Pinball Hall of fame, and the plethora of great restaurants out there.

Enjoy, and have fun!

NFL Championship Weekend
  3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board! Search the topics in which you may have interest and ask away with any questions..... Planning the trip is great fun!! Good luck!!

4. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Glad you found us Linda and Darren and congrats on your first trip. You are going to love Caesars, it's still on my bucket list of places to stay. If you like to eat, you are going to the right place, so many great restaurants! Shopping is good and there are plenty of shows. 11 nights is a long time especially if you are not a gambler but I'm sure people will have plenty of suggestions for you. Happy planning and welcome to the board.

5. pac1971

pac1971 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board! My parents are from Scotland!

I think the best way to learn all about Vegas is honestly just reading a ton of posts on all the different topics on this board. I've learned a lot of new things and great tips.

6. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Welcome to VMB. Think you'll still be from Scotland, UK by this time next year?

7. Lindaanddarren

Lindaanddarren Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the all welcomes . Not sure if we will still be part of the union ...I'm an undecided voter lol. Think it's starting to affect the dollar rate already and not in a positive way for us coming on holiday to vegas :-( x

8. Tuggy79

Tuggy79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm from Scotland too and its a big Yes vote for me! If the referendum was in reverse and we were an independent country right now, who in their right mind would vote for another country to run their affairs, spend their money, set their laws etc.
    Fingers crossed for the 18th September!

9. MissL

MissL Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You mean you're not gamblers .... yet :evillaugh Just fooling with you! Welcome to the boards, have fun planning - lots of fantastic ideas on these boards with and without gambling.

10. Guy

Guy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Earliest seperation date is set for March 2016 (but even that it optimistic).

11. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wish we could get out of Europe. Anyway welcome to the Board. Check out Brit Tips thread in Misc Vegas. Lots of advice there for you.

12. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll need at least $100 per day per person without gambling I would say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.