1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

HI from MN

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by polkarandy, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polkarandy

polkarandy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

My wife and I have been to LV 5 or 6 times over the last 12 years, our last trip was in October of 2011 and we are going back this October. My wife is a teacher and the teachers union is nice enough to schedule their "professional development" conference in October which requires school to be closed. So....we figured it's best to go to the convention capital of the world and be in Vegas. Can't help it if the MN teacher's union doesn't schedule their conference in LV. :thumbsup:

In the past we have stayed at Imperial Palace and the last time at Bluegreen Club 36 (yes....we own a timeshare). This time we had a banked week that needed to be used, so we are going to stay at POLO Towers Suites. We wouldn't normally use the timeshare to stay in Vegas...but it's already paid for.

My wife likes to play slots, I am a blackjack player, and would like to figure out how to play craps without it breaking the bank.

Looking forward to the trip, and learning more about the goings' on in LV here from the board.

Randy

2. ClownHo

ClownHo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    greetings, you will find many of us from God's Country on this board, just as you will find hundreds of teachers in Vegas during MEA week.

3. eisen7979

eisen7979 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome fellow Minnesotan! You will find so much helpful information here. It blows my mind every day as I read the endless amount of posts. Enjoy!

4. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    welcome Minnesotan! :thumbsup:

5. gramsclp

gramsclp Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HI from another Minnesotan

We always went once a year and then other things came up (including taking an Alaskan cruise) and now have not been since spring of 2010!! Granddaughter is celebrating her 21st birthday - today - but cannot get to Vegas with her before June so going June 8 - 11. With the way this winter has been in MN, would love to be there right now on her birthday but she abroad studying in The Netherlands til end of May. We also used to stay at Imperial Palace and downtown-split the trip up 2nt and 2 nts., but this next trip we are staying 2 nts. at NYNY and then 1 nt. downtown. Have 2 rooms to pay for so would like to stay some palce a bit cheaper but figured she only turns 21 once!

6. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another welcome from another Minnesotan !

7. polkarandy

polkarandy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know, that's why Sun Country jacks the airfare way up on Sunday of that weekend....it's over $200 for the return flight....we'll wait a little longer to book the airfare. Maybe when Southwest posts their fares it will be a bit cheaper. Yikes!

8. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome from yet ANOTHER Minnesotan. Spirit had flights from $58 each way yesterday, and last month seen some for $29.99 each way. Just gotta keep those peepers peeled

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  9. northerngirl

northerngirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome....wow, lots of us here from the land of 10,000 lakes. I am sure I can speak for all of us when I say that with the winter we have all endured, we all deserve a trip to Vegas in 2014!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.