1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hi from Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by dandjsmom, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dandjsmom

dandjsmom Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi..my name is Melissa and my husband and I are going to Vegas for the first time in May. We are celebrating our 25th anniversary there.

I hope to gather a lot of information here so my stay is at least sort of organized. :wave:

2. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello and welcome. I grew up in CT and now live in NH so we are neighbors. This certainly the place for advice and a wealth of information. First thing I would suggest is to buy a book ( or check at the library) and look at the map of downtown and the Strip. Look at activities, attractions and the like. I liked the "Unofficial Guide to Las Vegas.) These books list attractions,list hotels, restaurants etc. Make lists of things that you would like to see and do. Do it separately, then compare lists and decide on the ones you both have an interest in. Now group these things by location, downtown, mid strip, north, south etc. You didn't mention what you like or how long you are straying. Make a list of things to do each day. Don't try and cram too much in cause you will see things that interest you and it's good to be flexible. Don't worry about not seeing everything; it's been 18 trips for me and I haven't finished the list yet!........that's why there is next year! LV is infectious.It is a city that is compact, easy to get around in, with inexpensive hotels and restaurants and lots to see and do from zip lines and roller coasters to indoor skydiving and theater, art exhibits, museums, state parks, improv and street vendors.

Even if you never walk anywhere and hate walking, you will walk more than you ever did before in LV.....all on concrete so bring the most comfortable shoes that you own regradless of style. Theres something to get you started. Plenty more in the archives here. Have fun and happy anniversary!

Jimbo338

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to VMB! Congrats on the anniversary and hope you have a great time :)

4. Military Mike

Military Mike Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Welcome dont be shy about your questions the seinor members here are very helpful. How is MA theses days? I am origionally from there but I got stationed out in TX with the Army and now in AFG.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.