1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hi everybody

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Atlsooner, May 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atlsooner

Atlsooner Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for letting me sit down at your table here on the forum. I am Atlsooner, from Atlanta, and my wife and I are coming to Las Vegas next month. I have been to LV one time, but that was 30 yrs ago, and a completely new and different LV, has been born since I have been there. Excited to say the least for the both of us. We decided to take this trip as a "Bucket List" opportunity. This is sorta like a "reward" for us as we just got back from spending 3 months in Philadelphia at a Clinical Trial Study for my wife's Leukemia. She has been battling this horrible disease for 12 years, and while in Philly, we decided to start living life, and what a great place to start. I have lost some $$ at the Blackjack tables and Craps tables, but never in Las Vegas. A rookie none the less that's for sure. I will be visiting your forum, quite frequently now, to try and pick up the little do's and don'ts while there. My wife wants to take one evening and be a "tourist" for a few hours, so any hints would be appreciated. Maybe a helicopter tour in the evening? Thanks everyone !!

2. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Capital Idea!, just go with the flow and make no plans
    as you said a lot has changed in 30 years...just do whatever you guys want as soon as you see it

3. martinr

martinr High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Firstly, you've found a good place to find people who can truly offer their suggestions and experiences with. Obviously, there are a multitude of different experiences and some may not mesh with you and your wife's expectations for this part of your "bucket list". Only you can put together a trip that will meet you objectives. But, Vegas is many things to many people. You can go the degenerate gambler way. You can go the tourist way. Then, there is the "foodie" route that Vegas has developed a reputation for in recent years. The endless opportunities for entertainment are available as are numerous outdoor activities, tours, etc.

My wife and I have seen the Beatles Love show at the Mirage three times and could see ourselves going back in the future.
    The Bellagio Conservatory and Gardens are a treat day or night.
    We just recently went to the Raiding the Rock Vault show at the Tropicana and had a blast.
    Mon Ami Gabi at Paris is one of our favorites for any meal.
    The Venetian/Palazzo and the Wynn/Encore are must sees, imho.
    Shopping can be hazardous to the wallet in Vegas. Forum Shoppes, Venetian and Aria/Crystals are top notch.
    Bellagio Fountains and teh Mirage volcano are true touristy nighttime choices if time allows.

These are just one person's thoughts. I'm sure you'll do your research. But, the Tripadvisor/Yelp, etc. reviews are rarely as reliable as members of this board's.

frank67 suggested "no plans" for your ttrip. I agree to a certain extent. But, unless you're staying over a week, time gets away from you rather guickly and you regret the things you should have done. I hate to have regrets that could have been avoided by putting some effort into planning. But, that's just me.

Have fun and enjoy each other. That's what's most important.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
  4. Angelamc

Angelamc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you both have a great time

5. DESPERADO

DESPERADO Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :wave: enjoy and be safe>:beer:

6. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board! Hope it is a really great trip for you both.....ask your wife to pace herself and not over-do..... enjoy the things that interest you and see all the wonderful sites! Didn't see that you mentioned where you are staying. If you want good food & the best people watching....definitely go to Mon Ami Gabi at Paris and eat on the patio....wonderful way to spend a few hours!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.