1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hertz RAC; Get A Receipt For That Gas Tank Fill Up

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by ExVegasLocal, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExVegasLocal

ExVegasLocal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just back from Vegas. I put less than 75 a few miles on my rental car. As always, I dutifully filled it up within five miles of the rent-a-car center. I paid cash and didn't ask for a receipt.

Even though the gas gauge indicated it was full, the attendant wanted to charge me for a tank for not providing a receipt. It was my first rental with Hertz in many years, and I argued my way out of it.

I have always known that car rental companies COULD charge you if you don't have a receipt, but in practice, I've never had that happen. I used to get the receipt, but quit doing it after years of never being asked to present it. Be warned.

2. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually do that with all car rental agencies, just in case. It isn't just Hertz, sometimes the Dollar attendant will give you heat if you don't have a receipt.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always get a receipt, but have not been asked but a few times out of a 100 rentals.

4. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is me too.

5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think I've ever been asked for a receipt, ever, any city, any rental agency!

If they charge you for a full tank, when the gauge says full, it's a bunch of $#!+! I would push back and if all fails file a bogus charge with your credit card company.

6. Rush

Rush High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could show them a Mcd's receipt. They just glance at it, and move along.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.