1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Heritage Steakhouse

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by KBT2012, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone tried this place yet? Crafsteak made me a Tom Colicchio fan so I'm interested to hear about this place.

2. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m a huge Craftsteak fan so I tried Heritage a few trips ago.

I had a wonderful cocktail. And the appetizer (pork belly, if memory serves) and side (Brussels sprouts) were both fantastic. But the steak was definitely subpar.

The first one they brought me was well done (as in zero pink on it). I had asked for it rare. Obviously they were quite embarrassed and took it away immediately and apologized profusely. The steak that replaced it was closer to rare – probably medium – but still not rare by any stretch of the imagination. I wasn’t going to send that one back so I ate it. It was pretty much tasteless and incredibly thin – probably ½ inch thick or less (possibly explaining their inability to get it rare).

So, everything but the steak was fantastic. But the steak was the worst I’ve had at a top tier steakhouse in Vegas.

(I was not offered anything for the trouble of having to wait on another steak while my side was sitting in front of me. I didn’t ask for anything, because since they did an okay job at remedying the problem, I didn’t really think I was owed anything more. But a free cocktail/dessert/whatever would have created some good will.)

I hope it was just a very off night for them. I’ve read some positive reviews, so I suspect it was. But it was bad enough that I won’t be returning when there are so many other great options in town.

Number 50!
  3. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, great to know thanks for info!

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is actually an enormously helpful review for me, because I love steakhouses and the menu looked amazing, but I don't eat beef. So knowing that the non-steak items on the menu came out great is definitely great to know.

5. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to Heritage Steak opening week and was very impressed. The service was great and everything we got was wonderful. My friend got the onion soup/escargot appetizer, we both had steaks, shared veggie side (can't remember what it was) and potato puree side, and several drinks.

I got the filet and it was perfectly medium well. The "wood of the night" used for cooking was almond wood, but that meant nothing to me. It sounded like different kinds of woods provided different results, but like I said, I didn't really care.

I am hoping thecarve went there on an off night. Craftsteak is my favorite steakhouse in Vegas, but honestly I am only 3 for 4 there. I had one instance where it was just "meh". A top tier restaurant really shouldn't have an off night when you are spending $100+pp (before tip), but I guess it can happen.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  6. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

The most memorable eats i rememver from Heritage is the mushroom side dish. I don't remember what kind of mushroom(s) it was, but it was damn good! It made the filet much better than it would have been on its own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.