1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Herding cats on Valium and Karma

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by LVHooked, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

This trip was a Christmas gift for my wife, even thou it was my mother in law that thought she got the gift. After getting bad news about her mother, my wife was talking about how she had hoped to get her mom to Vegas in 2013 and was pretty down, but with her cancer possibly back (she goes back to the cancer center this week) it didn’t look like that would happen. I found fairly cheap tickets on SWA and I think my wife was happier then her mom, when I offered to take them.

A lady my wife has worked with for almost twenty years, had talked about wanting to go before. (and she’s also friends with my wife’s mother) Came along also, and split the second room. I’ll refer to them as Ma1 for the mother in law, and Ma 2 for the friend.

By the time I got to buy the tickets SWA was having a one day cyber Monday sale, and we got round trip non-stop from Pittsburgh for just over two hundred per person. The days and flight times weren’t the greatest, but the price was right. Neither of the ladies like to fly, and somehow decided valium was the answer. I thought it was getting carried away, but that was the plan.

Dec. 19 was day one, our flight left PIT at 6:55am. and with a 2.5 hr drive to Pittsburgh I knew it was going to be a long day. My wife had to drop our dog off with friends, and round up the ladies after work on the 18th. With three extra bedrooms, they planned to get some sleep here. At 8pm they still weren’t back so I left a note to wake me at 1:30am and went to bed to watch a little tv and try to get some sleep. Turned the tv off at nine and went to sleep. My wife woke me at 11:30 (the note must have confused her) Ma 1 was the only one to get any sleep, so I had three somewhat cranky women ready to leave. That’s when it hit me, that maybe this wasn’t the best idea I had ever had.

The valium worked perfect, they both slept most of the flight. We arrived about 15 minutes early, and as we were walking up the jet way I realized Ma 1 was walking very slow. Her feet had swollen up on the flight. (she’s not over weight so I’m not sure why) A SWA employee was coming down, and I asked for a wheel chair, he ran back up and was back with one in seconds. I tried tipping him but he wouldn’t take it. Ma 1 is stubborn and didn’t want the chair, but my wife got her to enjoy the ride.

The cheapest rental I could find was Advantage at $143 total for six days, so after the normal attempt at up sell we were off to the welcome sign in a Chevy Cruze. We then rode down the strip, and went too Ellis island for breakfast with two 2-1 coupons. Ma 1 must know that Royal Flusher guy, because she jumped right on the biscuits and country throw up gravy. We all enjoyed the meal and coffee but now it was time to play.

I got on a VP machine and never got off it till we left, turning a twenty in $150 and getting my first “you suck” from ma 2 I think I got three quads and lots of small stuff. My wife wasn’t winning and wanted to try somewhere else. So we headed to Main Street Station.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice start I hope MSS is even better!:thumbsup:

Christmas
  3. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There I left the girls at the players club getting Ma 1 & 2 cards, and went to find a VP machine. After hitting one quad and some smaller stuff I cashed out $50 on twenty in, used the rest room and found the girls to tell them where I would be. I also received my second “you suck” from Ma 2 LOL

Back on the same machine, I hit quad fours and a straight flush, and played for quite a while before the girls found me. They wanted to go check in, I cashed out just over $100, again with only twenty in. I was digging this trip already. Almost forgot I also got two whole dollars, twice on the quad tickets. And another “you suck” from Ma 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We stayed the first two nights at the D, our room was comped and the second room was $30 per night.

[​IMG]

Patty at check in upgraded my wife and I to a corner mini suite with the girls in an adjoining room. Both rooms were very clean and the tubs drained. Ma 1 & 2 both wanted a valium induced nap, they were going to text us when they woke up.

The rest of that night is a little blurry, I know we played at The D, Fremont and Four Queens and I have pics of two quads that I think are from The D’s vue bar. But the up stairs rest rooms were closed, and as I was the only one playing and tipping, and I had the bar tenders undivided attention. I got drunk, I know I went up to the room once to pee, because it was closer then the downstairs rest rooms. And he was very happy when I came back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

About 11:30 my wife texted the girls to see if they wanted to eat. But we didn’t get an answer so we went to Magnolias at the Four Queens with a 2-1 coupon. I was a little drunk but I think the Prime rib was way better then the last time I had it, thicker cut and great taste. We played there a little, only losing and hit the room about 2am.

4. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I woke up at 4:30 am on the 20th to my wife’s phone beeping, The girls got our text and wanted to go eat…..WTF…..I tossed and turned till about 6am, but it was a lost cause, so I got up and my wife ran down and got me coffee. Ma 2 wanted to go to Rick’s Restoration and Counts Custom later, and they still wanted to eat. So I had my wife run down and get me a second coffee, and the girls left for breakfast while I tried to shake off the hang over.

After a long soak in the Jacuzzi, and the second coffee I felt better. Time for BJ, all the tables were empty. I never liked playing alone, but someone had posted here about it being better, so I thought what the hell and bought in for $60 I was doing great and the dealer was getting lots of tips, till a couple sat down, then I could hardly win. I headed to the rest room, hoping to wait out one shoe, and when I got back the couple were gone. I went right back to winning, and tipping. I generally flat bet $5, but since I was winning I was playing up to twenty a hand. Two guys sat down and I went down some, then after losing three in a row the girls walked up wanting to know what the plan was. So I colored up, $6 to the dealer and $225 to the cage and my first “you suck” of the day from Ma 2

Then we hit Rick’s and the Counts, Ma 2 has a couple sons that are fans of both shows, so she wanted shirts and sweat shirts for Christmas presents. Pretty sure she spent over $200 at each place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then we parked at the Trop, and walked over to MGM to play the Lions share. Between the four of us we ran about two hundred thru it, with out much play time.

[​IMG]

We then played at the Trop for quite a while, I mostly lost but my wife and Ma 1 both left up, but not sure how much. I wanted to take them to Bellagio to see the fountain show but no one wanted to, so back down town.

The plan was MSS buffet, steak and shrimp with 2-1 FSE coupons for diner. I dropped them off, and ran the car back to the D and walked back. So I could get a little hair of the dog in me. I may have gotten distracted at Binion’s and the Cal on the walk back, so when I found them they were ready to eat. Great meal and service as always.

After diner I headed to my lucky VP machine, only to find someone on it….WTF…the nerve of some people. I lost $40 on another machine before he left and I moved, my first twenty was almost gone before I hit quad fours. When the girls wandered over, I was still above $100 and got another “you suck” from Ma 2 No reason to mention the forty I lost on the other machine.

They wanted to head back so we could stop at the cheap t-shirt place in Binions. Both Ma’s bought a bunch of Christmas presents, we hit Fremont just as a light show started. And they enjoyed that but after a short time in the Queens, they wanted to hit the room. After making sure her mom was in the room, my wife and I went down to the 2nd floor. Where I again had my own personal bartender, played a few hours with only one quad before calling it a night.

[​IMG]

5. gongoman

gongoman MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you had fun--Thanks for your report :beer:

6. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The next day I woke up about 8am feeling great, glad we hit the room early, and got some needed sleep.
    I went down and played BJ solo again, not as good as the day before, but played over an hour and left up, but not really sure how much. I had some free play I hadn’t used, and since this was our last day at the D I needed to use it. I ran it thru a penny WOF machine lots of bonus spins, but never enough to worry about cashing out.

After checking out we drove out to Red Rock, the ladies loved it, we even came across a couple of burros on the side of the road.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a stop at In & Out Burger for lunch, we headed to Silverton’s for the last three nights. Both rooms were very nice, our last stay the room was kinda worn out, so I was happy.

I started on craps and lost $80 pretty fast, so I played some VP and slots. I won a little on a quick hits machine, so I cashed it out and went and played BJ. It went up and down for hours, but I never lost my buy in. The girls got diner without me, because I didn’t want to leave the table. Finally colored up at 11:30 two blacks and four red. I was very happy. They had a promotion for December earn 500 points and get a pull tab ticket, I won $15 in free play.

I went back to the quick hits machine with the free play, after a lot of smaller hits I got seven (I think) quick hits and won $178 I played that down to $150 cashed out and went to the diner for .99 sliders then called it a night.

7. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saturday the 22nd started great, my wife woke me up at 8am with coffee, after a shower and showing the ladies my two black chips, and $150 tito and getting another “you suck“, it was time to play. But it didn’t go well, lost $80 in less than an hour on BJ, and lost more on VP and slots.

We then went to Ethyl M’s chocolates and cactus garden, The ladies loved it and ma 2 bought a bunch of gifts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After that we went to Sam’s town, so the ladies could see the atrium Christmas decorations.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I couldn’t win again, lost everything I played. But my wife and ma 2 did ok. We were planning to hit Boulder station with 2-1 buffet coupons, but since Sam’s buffet didn’t have a line, and we were ready to eat. It was ok, service was good but the food wasn’t great.

Back at the Silverton, I pulled one quad fours, on VP, and played for hours on a $100 buy in on BJ, but lost it in the end.

[​IMG]

Ma 2 won $100 free play on the pull tab from the players club, I won a cookie plate.

8. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sunday the 23rd was our last day, and its when Karma kicked in. Our gift to Ma 1 was, plane ticket, room and meals, gambling was on her. Over coffee she said she was a little low on cash, but would use a credit card to get some more cash. Our bank roll was low but I could use my debit card at 7/11 for free, so I gave her $150. She wouldn’t take it at first, but after telling her to just pay me back when we got home, and she could get to her bank account she did.

The plan was to play for a bit, then head to the dam. I played BJ solo again and was doing great. The ladies wanted breakfast but I passed. By the time they came back, I was ready to go coloring up $190 on a $60 buy in.

The dam wasn’t a great idea on a Sunday it was packed. The parking garage was full, so I dropped the ladies off on the bridge, and had them text me when they were ready to leave. I no sooner parked on the far side when my wife texted they were ready. Turns out the forty mile an hour winds were cold. Lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Again I tried taking them to the strip to sight see, but they wanted to go back to the Silverton for cocktails. I went back to BJ turning $60 in $100 But I hadn’t eaten all day, so I tried finding the ladies but couldn’t. Turns out they were in Bass Pro shops.

So I put $40 into the quick hits machine I had won on earlier. By the time the ladies found me, it was well over $400 and I couldn’t lose. But now they wanted to eat. I even had a guy in a Ellis island jacket, tell the girls he had been watching me, and I owned the machine and couldn’t leave it. Lol It finally went cold on me, three cats standing around watching doesn’t help. And I stopped at $390 and split it with my wife.

Diner at the buffet was great, Ma 1 & 2 got free passes the first day with 50 points earned, and the wife and used a 2-1 coupon and money on my card, so we all ate free.

There was a drawing at 8pm for tickets they gave out for BJs that week, I had won a bunch and people at the tables gave me more, so I had 177 tickets in. My loving wife filled them out and counted them. I didn’t win but I wanted to be close so I could hear the drawing. So I bought in on a craps table right next to the drawing, with only two players.

I won a little on the first shooter, the next guy passed so I rolled. It was wild, not sure how long I rolled but by the time I sevened out the table was packed, I think hit the point six times with three of them being hard tens. The first shooter was a big guy that wasn’t afraid to push his bets, and went from a small line of reds to two big lines of green with reds and whites, part way thru I tried putting up hardway bets for the crew, and he stopped me and said to pay attention to shooting and he would handle that. He kept the dealers and my hardway bets up the rest of my roll. I was bouncing dice off the table quite a bit, the dealers never said a word, but someone on the other end did. Didn’t hear exactly what he told them, but they never said another word.

He thanked me gave me a green, and left when I was done, I should have left also. But I stayed and pretty much lost, till I shot again then colored up $425 after tip, on a $60 buy in. Went and found the ladies and got my last “you suck” from Ma 2, hit the cage, gave my wife another $100 and tried some VP then went back to BJ. I think I ended that at about 10pm up just a little, I remember going to the cage before calling it a night.

December 24th 8am flight out, put us in Pittsburgh early at just before 3pm. dropped Ma 2 off, and we went to my daughters for Christmas Eve diner. Ma 1 said she sleep for two days straight, but wondered when were going back. I went on this trip without expectations of it being great, more about my wife and her mom. But I had a blast, seeing Vegas with two people who had never been there was cool.

The trip cost to me was, plane tickets just over $600 for three, about $200 for rooms, (Ma 2 paid ½ of 1 room) rental car was $143, $48 to park in PIT Everything else I paid with cash, I brought $800 thinking I would hit a ATM but never did, and came home with just over $800 between my wife and I, a winning trip all the way around. And my wife convinced her mom not to worry about the $150 since January First was her 72nd birthday. If anyone’s still here, thanks for reading.

[​IMG]

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent report, thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

Christmas
  10. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the great trip report. I loved the pictures!

11. funforus

funforus Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip!! Thanks for sharing

12. sammowhammo

sammowhammo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "you suck"! That's hilarious.

Awesome trip - what a great gift & great idea before your MIL begins her tx.

:beer:

13. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very nice of you to take folks to Vegas that really need it.

And any trip that includes that gravy... is a winner!

14. nhcris

nhcris High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I genuinely enjoyed your report and pictures. It's so nice that you came out ahead and had a good time while doing something so terrific for your wife and MIL. Well done!

15. jfn111

jfn111 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good report, it's funny how Karma rewards you for your good deeds.:beer:

16. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever "The Welfare Queen of Windsor"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kudos to you for being nice to your ladies!

17. AliGee

AliGee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like everyone had a great time, thanks for posting! I've been curious about Ethel M's cactus garden, but looking at those pics it reminds me of Killer Karaoke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3JAXvKDYE0

18. daveg000

daveg000 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your pictures of the damn are absolutely perfect! Seem professional. Wish I could do that.

19. booker

booker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good wins! Truly enjoyed your TR, but since you got to Vegas and I didn't … you suck.

20. Jenx72

Jenx72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely Wonderful trip report!! Love,Love,Love the pictures!:thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.