1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Help with small wedding

Discussion in 'Vegas Weddings' started by Lindaanddarren, Oct 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lindaanddarren

Lindaanddarren Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone,
    We are getting married next October in Vegas and need help some help with the planning. This is both our second marriage ( so mature couple) and we would like something quite informal but still special. We have two guests coming with us so it's a very small wedding .
    I'd also like to find somewhere to go afterwards that will make it special but nothing too "posh" that we would feel like a fish out of water. We are from Scotland and have never been to Vegas before so it's very difficult planning our day.
    Any suggestions would be very welcome . Thanks

2. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The way I see it, there are basically 3 options for getting married- use a hotel chapel, use a freestanding chapel, or hire someone to marry you in a location of your choosing (eg Red Rock or the Springs Preserve if you want it outdoors). I think that a freestanding chapel is going to be the cheapest option, though they all have packages from frugal to over the top. You could opt for traditional, casual, all the way to Elvis, whatever your taste.

After the ceremony, there are restaurants all over Vegas - all food types in all budgets - so we might need a little more input to guide you properly.

For the marriage license info, go to the State links that are "stuck" in the thread at the top of this forum to make sure you have all the documentation you need.

Congratulations!!

3. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my dad and step mom got married a couple of years ago at Little Church of the West and had their dinner reception at Claim Jumpers. that church has a few different packages, and i think the only complaint my dad had about that place is they don't allow photography inside the chapel; you have to purchase their photography. And Claim Jumpers is a pretty casual restaurant that was good for their needs because I think they had about 30 people at the dinner reception, and they had a private room. but there are just so many restaurants to choose from in vegas; it's a tough call. While my dad and step mom did have more than 2 people there, it was still a relatively small ceremony and reception. Don't know if either of those options would fit your needs. Congrats! :beer:

4. Lindaanddarren

Lindaanddarren Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,
    Thanks fir the replies. I'll give you a little more info about us and the kind of day we are hoping for. We want an intimate informal wedding . I've looked at the wedding wagon and the chapel of flowers . We' re staying at Caesars palace and the Rev from wedding wagoon says the fountains there would be an ideal location but as we've not been before it's hard to judge.
    As for after we want to have some fun so we were looking for dinner shows . I've looked at Tony n Tina's wedding show but it's not got that good reviews for food or the show and we are not too keen in audience participation ...like watching others do it but not us lol.If we can't find a suitable show then a meal , music ( we like most types of music) or comedy show ...we are 45 & 50 yrs old so don't want discos or nightlife. As for food , we kind of like anything( I love my food ) ...quite partial to places like the Hard Rock Cafe or Planet Hollywood . The only time we have been to USA is to Florida and ate at these places and also the grand floridian cafe which we both loved. Gorgeous food, excellent service but not too posh where we felt uncomfortable. As I said in my first post any ideas are very much appreciated

5. Jon E Coyote

Jon E Coyote Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wife and I had a small wedding (like 10 people) in the Flamingo garden in 2010, fairly classy, cheap (like $850) and an overall good experience. Whole thing took less than an hour including pics, but didn't feel rushed/cheesy at all

6. Dutchguy

Dutchguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I were married this past September at the Chapel within TI (Teasure Island). Honestly, it turned out nicer that I had imagined. The chapel was cozy and classy. The staff made the entire process a breeze. We had about 30 people with us and everyone was very impressed with the venue! Like with just about any 'house of marriage' in Las Vegas, at TI you can customize your wedding (and the wedding budget) anyway you please. Whaterever venue that you choose, I sugguest you get as much taken care of ahead of time through phone calls and emails. Research what will be required from the both of you from the State of Nevada to ensure the process of securing the marriage license goes smoothly. If you checkout the wedding information provided on the TI website, the state legal information pertains to a marriage anywhere in Las Vegas. I would also suggest to keep a few hours open the DAY BEFORE your wedding. The chapel at the TI wanted us to come in to finalize our bill and to review details like photographs, vows, music and payment for the Minister. You might also use that day to scope out a place where you folks would like to have dinner that night. Definitely don't be afraid to ask any desk clerk or concierge for resturant suggestions. At the airport, in taxis and hotel lobbies, you'll also find free restaurant guides that might help with your search.

If you are more interested in an outdoor setting, checkout the options at The Flamingo. They have a huge tropical paradise behind the hotel. Everything should still be nice and green around that time of year! Plus you won't have to sweat with the blazing tempertures of summer or be subjected to the loud music from the pool area.

Another suggestion, choose a restaurant close to you wedding venue. I don't think you'll want to be hiking all over the city or waiting in line for a taxi.

When you check-in at your hotel. Be sure to mention that you two are in town to get married! Chances are that you might get a bit of an upgrade or some buffet comps! Who knows? Nothing to lose really!

Have fun planning. Keep it simple. Don't get stressed out!

7. BlackJackLady

BlackJackLady Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.