1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Help me understand the terms of MLife offer(s)

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Kolmeseiska, Mar 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've booked several of these in the past but I'm pretty sure they've changed their terms recently.

So my offer is:

MIRAGE LIMITED TIME OFFER!
    THE Mirage • LAS VEGAS, NV
    Complimentary Deluxe Room up to Four Nights on Select Dates
    $100 M life Credit for Food, Beverage and Entertainment
    $100 in FREEPLAY®

Minimum 2 night stay required and offer must be booked by April 8th, 2016. This offer is valid April 8 through September 30, 2016. Other Blackout dates may apply. Four nights maximum per trip for special rates and all comp nights are based on offer. This offer is valid for the first room only and any additional rooms will be based on gaming activity. Room rates for reservation changes are subject to change at the time of revising. Guests must be invited M life members. This offer is non-transferable, subject to availability, and may not be used in conjunction with any other M life offer. A daily resort fee, which includes select resort amenities, may be added to your room account. Room types are based upon availability. Complimentaries will be deducted from available comp balance. Any complimentaries in addition to the listed offer inclusions may be awarded based upon your gaming activity during your stay. Gaming offers may only be redeemed once. If you received a FREEPLAY offer, it must be redeemed at the M life desk. You must be a registered hotel guest to receive promotion components. M life Resort Credits room charges are restricted to certain outlets and cannot be used towards David Copperfield and Beachers Madhouse Tickets. M life Resort Credits cannot be applied to cover tips and/or gratuities. M life Reort Credits are nontransferrable, not reedemable for cash and are only valid on the promotional trip. M life Resort Credits will be applied upon checkout. Ticket offers are subject to availability of desired show. Dining Credits may be restricted to certain outlets. While Express Comps™ are to be used at your discretion, this offer may include expected earning and redemption of your Express Comps. If you choose not to use your Express Comps, components of this offer may change based on your gaming activity. A valid major credit card must be presented upon hotel check-in. Back-to-back reservations at multiple properties are not permitted. Complete details are available at the M life desk. The Mirage reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at its discretion and without prior notice. The Mirage endorses responsible gaming. If you or someone you know has a problem gaming responsibly, please call the 24-hour Problem Gamblers HelpLine at 1.800.522.4700.

I'm actually going to book 2 different offers I have on MLife.com. What I've done in the past is just leave 72 hours in between comped stays and I've been fine but these new terms have me puzzled. So let's break this down:

1) Room rates for reservation changes are subject to change at the time of revising. What the hell does that mean? Is the "time of revising" when I book the room or can they just randomly change the rate of the stay whenever they feel like it?

2) A daily resort fee, which includes select resort amenities, may be added to your room account. I've never had to pay RFs on comped rooms before. When do I find out whether or not I may have to pay them?

3) While Express Comps™ are to be used at your discretion, this offer may include expected earning and redemption of your Express Comps. If you choose not to use your Express Comps, components of this offer may change based on your gaming activity. This is the most mind-boggling part of this. How do I know if I may be expected to use ECs? And how can I tell if the offer may change based on my gambling? From what I can remember, I usually haven't earned too my ECs anyway so I don't care if they force me to use $20 or $30 of my ECs towards the charges but I for sure as hell don't want them to slap me with $800 rates of the room that are supposed to be comped.

4) Back-to-back reservations at multiple properties are not permitted. I suppose I'm fine cause I'm not changing to another resort?

I'm being generously over-comped and I don't care if they'll stop sending me these offers after my trip as I'm already doing a transition to other properties. But I'm kind of afraid of booking these because it almost feels like they can charge me the full amount for these comped rooms if they feel like it.

Any input, experience or tips are highly appreciated.

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. It's just like any other reservation, if you want to change anything about it at a later date, you're subject to whatever the market conditions are at that time. This would be more likely to apply to an offer that had discounted rates rather than comps. Like if you booked an offer for the 3rd week in May, and your offer was for $29 a night. You originally booked it in January. The book by date is April 30. You call on April 30 and want to move it to the 2nd week in May, they say, we can't let you have it for $29 for those nights anymore.

2. This is just poorly worded, some people get charged resort fees on an offer and some don't. Buyer beware, call VIP Services to book. I've gotten a couple of MGM offers in the past week that flat out state the resort fee will be changed

3. The "may" just covers them in the event you no-play or severely underplay. I don't recall anyone ever being billed or dinged ECs for no-play.

4. This is new verbiage and I don;t understand it. You can't book offers back to back, but if this means you can't book an offer at one property and then a paid stay at another, that's stupid and I don't believe it. What are you going to do, book an offer at Mirage and a paid stay at MGM and when you get to MGM they say you can't stay there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.