1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Help me think of more options.

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by nursepower, Apr 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nursepower

nursepower Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay so we are going to arrive in Vegas on a Tuesday night. Take a town car to Four Queens, spend Wednesday on Fremont Street, and then Thursday we want to take a tour to the Hoover Dam, I'm having trouble with this. A tour company agreed to pick us up at one hotel and drop at another but they wont take the luggage. 1 suitcase probably. So should I cab it to the Aria and then do the tour? Or is there a way to get luggage to Aria without paying the cab fare? Or should I just tour another day? Hope that made sense.

2. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you considered renting a car? If you watch for good prices you can probably get one fairly cheap, and that covers transport from he airport to Four Queens, out to the dam and back, to Aria, and back to the airport. You can also use it to explore Vegas and go to the dam on your own time.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Either do tour another day, or just have the bellstand (at old or new hotel) hold your luggage for you.

The rental car idea is good since you will spending almost as much dealing with all this. You could drive out to the dam the day you switch hotels and eliminate the issue of "room not ready". Just leave bags in trunk for the day.

4. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am thinking rental car also. If you are paying for that towncar (which may be a comp, I don't know) then cabbing it to the strip and paying for that tour....rental car would be much easier. Even if you didn't take it out other than transp to and from airport/hotels and the Dam you would make out on the deal. Plus gives you more freedom to stop offstrip on your dam day.

If of course you are totally against the rental idea, change hotels one day and do the tour another. Some of those tours pick up pretty early in the morning so switching hotels that day would mean getting up early, getting to the strip and checking everything at the bell desk before the tour bus gets there. Then you would still have to checkin when you returned from the dam.

We get a rental everytrip now...but that is us...do what is best for you. Enjoy :thumbsup:

5. nursepower

nursepower Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dont the hotels charge for rentals? And I'm not sure vegas can handle my driving..lol. But that does sound like a great idea of not having to cab it everywhere.

Sorry meant to say charge for parking.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  6. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Parking is free at Strip hotels (you should tip if you valet but you can self park for free, no tip....)

7. nursepower

nursepower Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know how to rent a simple Mini Cooper? I am googled out and don't know how else to find one. The car rental companies I've called say they don't even stock the cooper and the dealership there has no idea where to get one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.