1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Help me pick a restaurant for Friday night

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Scott N, Sep 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott N

Scott N Newbie

My wife and I will be staying at TI and have tickets to Absinthe at 10:00. I would like to go to a good restaurant somewhere in that area. Probably a steakhouse or Itilian. It's for our anniversary so not really worried about the price. Also what time should I make reservations for to make it to the show on time? Thanks in advance.
    Scott

2. Scott N

Scott N Newbie

Also this is our first trip to Vegas so I don't have any idea.

3. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Phil's Italian Steakhouse at TI would be convenient and meets several of your asks/wants.

Nick:beer:

4. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Head across the street to Palazzo and have dinner at Delmonico.

5. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any of the Venetian steakhouses would be a good choice (CUT, Delmonico, Carnevino).

Maybe Carnevino since it also has very good italian.

As for timing, I'd say set the reservation for 7. You can probably cut it closer (as late as 8 depending on your speed with courses and how fast you eat), but its a special dinner and you don't want to feel rushed. A 7 o'clock meal lets you take your time, enjoy the food, and still have plenty of time for a fairly leisurely walk over.

6. iamsomedude

iamsomedude Low-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll add the usual SW Steakhouse at the Wynn. I would recommend reserving a 7:00 or 7:30 lakeside table, so you can catch the lakeside "show" at night. You have to eat their Chili-Rubbed Double Ribeye, because it is absolutely delicious.

7. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the night of a show do yourself a favor and have dinner at your hotel. When you have to visit 3 properties for make ready/ dinner/ show it can complicate the evening. Your wife will also appreciate the ability to freshen up upstairs following dinner. SW and Cut across LVB are better restaurants, so try them another night of your stay. Being pressured for time on a dinner and show night ruins the experience.

Nick:beer:

8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For Italian near Absinthe, I might suggest Trevi at Caesars. Get a table up front, great place to people-watch! :)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.