1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Help me get it right ONE TIME!

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by Kort Jester, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kort Jester

Kort Jester Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know this is not often though of as cheap.
    However I am aware there is a huge diffrence betweeen someone dropping off a club sandwich and DINING in room.

The set up is thus:

My darling wife, who seldom gets as well as she deserves, is going to be in Joining me in Vegas for her birthday.

I will be in Vegas already for a guys get away and victory lap following what will be a very successfull back surgery:)

My thoughts were to stay the night of her arrivale in the room i am already in.

Then move for 2 nights to some place NICE for wed and thur nights then fly home Friday.

My fall back plan is same theme for 2 nights in Sept for our Aniversary :)
    Wich falls on a sunday/monday :thumbsup:

There are plenty of "rooms with a view" to choose from.

I would welcome sugestions for around $300 or less a night...( week days)

My MASTER idea is for her birthday dinner her her get ready to got out but suprise her by having dinner delivered instead.

She has commented the she has never done this.( I was JUST wize enough to not mention the vastly inferior and hugely flawed prototye wife had been a big fan of room service and I did not feel it was any big deal) ..and after seeing the spread on Royal Flushers trip report I thought why not.

So for us micro rollers it will be a "once in a life time" thing.
    I was thinking something I could order like a chateaubriand for two or something.
    I am hoping one of you hi rollers like NateDog may have a sugestion.

Help a brother out ...just trying to have it perfect for a moment for all MY Chaos she puts up with !!!!

2. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not a high roller. But, I am a wife. My 2 cents;

How about the nice room with a view and surprise dinner in room with you being extra charming without her having to get dolled up? Like catch her after her shower but before she's done her hair and makeup?

Also, invest in sending her to the spa that day. I "heard" from "a friend" that they came back from the spa feeling lovey dovey towards their husband and they "took a nap" together after she got back from the spa. :ssst:

If budget is an issue, take the spa. If you can swing it. Do both. (read between the lines, I'm trying to help you out here)

3. Kort Jester

Kort Jester Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get it however

We left "normal life " long and we live in sweats and t shirts.

So she Likes to play dress up ...I would love to send her "out" to have her make up and hair done ..maybe rent a gown ..is there such a service.

This is not a compalint, I like her just as she is ...We do one dress up dinner per trip as a rule.

I know she has the hots for Taylor Hicks so that is on the menu for after dinner, and before dessert ;)

4. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't know about Vegas specifically, but RentTheRunway - get shipped to you:peace:

5. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I'm certainly not in Nate's league ;) However, I'm a wife who enjoys nice rooms and dressing up for dinner (whether in-room or in restaurants). I think your idea is very sweet and definitely do-able with a little upfront research.
    First, you need to narrow down your dates and explore the rate calendars for potential rooms. Based on a quick review of the rate calendar for Aria Sky Suites, I don't think you will be able to find a one bedroom Sky Suite in the $300/nt range. That's a shame because that would have been my first suggestion.
    Perhaps others on the board can provide specifics of the other Aria suites which are not Sky Suites and should have lower rates/nt. We've had in-room dining several times while at the Sky Suites and it has always been great, though others have reported varying experiences.
    My other suggestion would be to choose a standard room at a very nice property. Mandarin Oriental, Wynn, and Four Seasons come to mind. You may be able to get a standard room at one of these properties on a weeknight for around $300/nt.
    You may want to use a discounter website such as Travelocity or Priceline to find the best options in your price range.
    Just a final thought - Before you finalize your hotel, it would be a good idea to review the room service menu to ensure your preferred foods are available. Or rather than have dinner in the room, you might opt to have champagne and strawberries when you return to the room for the evening.

Enjoy!

6. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I only mention not getting dolled up because if I get dolled up, I'm going out. No getting dolled up and staying in for me. But, that's me. If she's OK with it, then go for it. I forgot to mention, jewellery if she likes it.

7. Kort Jester

Kort Jester Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IFshe likes it

ROFL

We will be going out after dinner.

8. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Decorate the room! I did for my daughter when we went and she loved it! I visited the local party store and threw in some Happy Birthday Banners, strings and a card - when she went to shower I decorated the room!

She loved it!

9. searchin

searchin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you asked a specific question that I cant help you with but you gave other details that invite opinions. So here is mine. 2 days in Vegas on by birthday , I want to go out. If I get all dressed up and have to look at 4 walls and DH and eat cold gravy in the dead quiet I would be depressed. Maybe room service for breakfast. Strawberries , whip cream, coffee and champagne. It's just me , sorry.

10. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I recall a few trips ago Natedog had the most amazing meal of In-N-Out Burger on a private jet.

The jet might be out of your price range, but the burgers will still be amazing. :)

No idea what hotels you are looking at, but Royal Flusher had some great meals in their room at Wynn.

http://www.royalflushervegas.com/2013/02/live-now-royal-flusher-victory-trip.html

There are pictures. I think the Wynn were somewhere in the middle.

Obviously this requires staying at the Wynn and paying for food at the Wynn.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.