1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

help me find a bus stop please. CX route.

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Ace-n-Lucille, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Ace-n-Lucille

Ace-n-Lucille Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We (I hope) will be using the bus routes between downtown and the strip, probably 2 day-trips. I've been so focused on using the SDX and not the Deuce that I completely overlooked the CX route, and have now figured out that it's a definite possibility to get us quickly-er to the area of the strip we want to be at (the WAX going to the south end is probably not gonna happen). Depends on our scheduling, of course.

The route/schedule says the strip stop is at Spring Mountain/Sands (Fashion Show Mall) and LV Blvd. I've been on Google Earth and think I've found the northbound bus stop (not far west down Spring Mountain from the strip corner, before the Macy's turn-in), but dogged if I can find the southbound stop - UNLESS it's a stop across the strip east alongside the Palazzo. I found what I think is a bus stop there, but can't zoom in close enough to be certain.

Can someone help me with both these stops?

2. ddechenne

ddechenne Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We took the CX from DT a year ago and got off there. The south bound stop is at the back end of the TI on Spring Mt road. If you use google maps, I think you will see it---it is kind of between their parking garage and the TI main building. We love the WAX to and from the airport, and to and from the south end of the strip near NYNY. But the CX is excellent to get to the Fashion Show area, or if you get a 24-hr pass, you can get on the Deuce from there to move up or down The Strip from there. The CX is a residential route so $2 each ($1with a Medicare card) and the 24 hr pass was $5 ($2.50). The north bound stop is on Spring Mt as you walk past Fashion Show west. Much less crowded than the SDX but even faster and cheaper.

3. Ace-n-Lucille

Ace-n-Lucille Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks ddechenne. I went back on google maps and found it from your directions - I didn't expect the stop to be that far down Spring Mountain. It's a bummer, since adding that long walk up to the strip is a deal-breaker for us. We won't be using the CX southbound. But northbound, that looks entirely doable and how I'll probably plan on us getting back to downtown after our strip sightseeing. Thanks again.

4. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The CX southbound also stops at the side of Palazzo. I have used that stop a few times.

It's sort of underneath the escalators to the bridge if that helps.

First trip of 2017.
  5. Ace-n-Lucille

Ace-n-Lucille Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    pebbles: that stop would be perfect for us - and it must be the one I mentioned in my original post that I saw on google maps. But it doesn't show on the CX route map, which shows the next stop at Koval. What gives? o_O

6. ddechenne

ddechenne Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have never taken the CX further than the TI stop, so I don't have any personal experience with the stop near Palazzo. However, if you call up the area on Google Maps, there is a stop as described by pebbles. If you touch the blue square on the map it will tell you the busses that stop there. When I did that, it shows as a CX stop, so you should be good.

I'm wondering if you are perhaps looking at the route stops on the RTC web page--those often do not show every stop it actually makes, but only representative stops with a time schedule for those. I'd feel confident that the CX does stop at Palazzo from the google Map.

Have a great time!!

7. Ace-n-Lucille

Ace-n-Lucille Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome! Yep, I am indeed going by the RTC web page maps. (why oh why wouldn't they give complete info on their website?!) And I didn't know about that google maps "trick" about showing busses. I'll use that a lot in my further research. Thanks!

Great for us that we'll be able to use the CX route. Ace isn't totally on board with bus usage, but I'm looking forward to it. I love the people watching!

Just thought of something else. Can I trust the website for schedule times, since the CX is on a timed schedule?

8. glock77

glock77 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No. Listed bus schedules are not accurate. Even the interactive etc bus map that supposedly uses gps to track buses is not accurate. I was waiting one time, and map said bus would be at stop in 3 minutes. Then suddenly the bus on map disappeared and said he t bus in 20 minutes. Be prepared to wait at bus stop.

9. M0rtyC

M0rtyC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can also use the text system to get an accurate time for the next couple busses. If you take a pic of the sign you will have the # to text and code to enter in the future.

Bonus early day Downtown
    Annual end of the rodeo trip
  10. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are several third party public transit apps available for your smartphone or iPad. I have used HopStop app in the past and it works out pretty well. I also used ETA Transit Directions app. Just make sure you try it out in your hotel room before you use it and get some practice. Using the bus system in a different town might seem difficult, but its just reading the schedule and understanding the routes. I downloaded the map onto my ipad the first time so I could familiarize myself, its pretty easy. Google maps with the transit feature is pretty solid as well. I know the public transit system in Philly ditched their routing feature and now just defaults to Google Maps.

This is the best advice.

11. Ace-n-Lucille

Ace-n-Lucille Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Forgive me for not understanding. We just got our first smartphones 6 weeks ago and I'm way behind the curve. Details please? What sign? And then what? Thanks!

12. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Each bus stop has a number. You text RideRTC 1000 or whatever the number is and it texts back the next three bus times for that stop. There are usually details at the larger bus stops.

First trip of 2017.
  13. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just checked. The number is 41 411. I hope that helps.

First trip of 2017.
  14. Ace-n-Lucille

Ace-n-Lucille Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool. I think even I can handle that. Thanks again to all of you for the help.....

V-Day minus 17 days and counting!