1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Help me book comped rooms

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by DonnyC, Aug 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all,

Looking at a trip to Vegas September 8-11.

MGM looks like there is availability for free rooms still:

http://www.mgmresorts.com/myVEGASdates/MGMGrand.aspx

Here are my questions:

SO I have never booked rooms with the reward points yet.

I'm looking to go to Vegas from September 8-11, and would like to stay at the MGM.

Can i book 3 nights there with LPs?
    Do I have to use some of the Bonus Days rewards?
    Do I still have to pay a resort fee?

2. Dr3aMCaster

Dr3aMCaster Tourist

Can i book 3 nights there with LPs? You can only use Bonus Dates Rewards if you want to do this.
    Do I have to use some of the Bonus Days rewards? See above.
    Do I still have to pay a resort fee? Yes

3. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thanks, I added an additional question.

4. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just keep in mind that they only change the calendars for the rooms twice a year, which means, just because it is showing that your dates are available....they may not be. They do not update the calendars, so its best to attempt to book asap due to the fact that there are only so many rooms allotted for MyVegas.

5. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have heard from people on this site and others that at least the nights of the 9th and 10th are unavailable through myVegas at many of the properties. I would probably call to check before redeeming points to avoid the headache of getting a refund. I want to say it was MGM and Monte Carlo but I know someone that booked September 10th at NY-NY. Good luck though busy weekend as it's Mexican Independence weekend as well as a Mayweather fight weekend.

6. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its not that much of a headache to get a refund anymore. You can just click a link on your reward and your points are refunded immediately.

7. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for asking this. Thinking of doing a MyVegas room, myself.

8. Dr3aMCaster

Dr3aMCaster Tourist

Can i book 3 nights there with LPs? You can only use Bonus Dates Rewards if you want to do this.

Do I have to use 3 Bonus Days or can I use 2 Bonus and 1 Regular? (I take it that the Bonus Days are exempt from the limitation of only being able to Book a reward once?
    You can use 2 bonus date and 1 regular date. FYI, those will be your 3 rewards in 30 days.

You are correct regarding the exemption. The T&C state that you can use the bonus dates up to 3 times per myvegas player. Some people have said that you cannot use them for consecutive nights however I have already redeemed 2 mirage stays for september 1-2.

Do I have to use some of the Bonus Days rewards? See above.
    Do I still have to pay a resort fee? Yes

9. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's good to know because last time I used myVegas points for something was 2 trips ago in October of last year and we didn't end up using one of the rewards and I had to call in to Play Studios to get a refund. At the time I couldn't figure out my it was not simplified to a simple link in the reward as you stated it is now. What do you know, while they get more customers and restrict more rewards and raise costs they at least fix some minor details.

10. buzz_king

buzz_king Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DonnyC - I was looking forward to hearing about your trip last month. Do we get a trip report?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.