1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Help & Advice

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by miotti, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miotti

miotti Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are travelling to the U.S.A on 9th October, we will be on a guided tour of the parks before we arrive in Vegas but the reports in the U.K papers say that they were stopping tourists entering the parks due to there being no Park Rangers, as we will be visiting Yosemite,Bryce,Zion,Grand Canyon and others do you think there will be a problem or is it just scare mongering.

2. higgiel

higgiel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. Aftermath

Aftermath Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Currently all National Parks are closed due appropriations linked to the Government Shutdown. Once the Government figures a way to get a long and balance the budget, they will open back up.

Basically the National Parks are not receiving any funds from the Government so they don't the resources to keep them open at this time.

4. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Get in touch with your tour operator and ask them what their backup plan is.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No scare mongering, they are closed. But I'd be really surprised if they don't reach an agreement in another 7 days.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  6. hundth

hundth Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe they passed a bill to fund the parks today.

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't worry. the parks and the rest of the gov't will be back up and running within the week, I'm sure.

8. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd have a serious chat with my tour operator

Chances are he's covered in the fine print for events beyond his control but maybe the insurance (I pray you took) has something in regards to trip cancellations or something ,I'd call them and ask if you could reschedule . Today is 10/6,hopefully something will break before long. good luck!

9. miotti

miotti Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have checked the Terms & Conditions and yep they are covered and will not refund on Government Shutdowns, but hopefully they will be open by the 13th when we reach the Grand Canyon as the first part of the trip is in L.A , San Diago & Scottsdale.
    But we are still looking forward to our trip at least our last 12 days are in Vegas and we know that will be open, so just trying to fit everything in the case for the 27days and that's not an easy task.

10. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife's mother is visiting the US for the first time and they have a similar trip planned. They leave from San Fransisco Oct 11 and hit Jackson Hole, Yosemite, Mt Rushmore and another I can't think of.

A little nervous the shutdown will drag out and mess up their plans.

11. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope it works out for you.

That sounds like the trip of a lifetime,again, I wish you guys luck .

12. miotti

miotti Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everybody just finished my packing we set of tomorrow, we have just received a e-mail from our travel agents and they have altered a few days of the tour we are still looking forward to our trip, we are still hoping that the parks will be open before we hit them on the 14th October.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.