1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Helo ride into the canyon

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by chuckM, Aug 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuckM

chuckM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm coming out in 3 weeks and was looking to do something different. Other than Absinthe, I've seen most shows. Does anyone have any experience with one of the flights into the Grand Canyon?

2. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I did a chopper package out on the Hualapai reservation. We boarded a small plane in Henderson and, once at The Canyon, took a chopper down to the river where a raft was waiting for a river tour. Then, it was back to the chopper to get back to the plane. It was about $250 a person and there were 6 people in our group. Time for the trip from being picked up at our hotel to our return to it was about 5 hours. The pilot of the plane did a nice show of the Hoover Dam on the way back. And, it was dark coming back into the LV valley so we got to see all the lights. It was pretty darned cold in the plane and up in the chopper and we weren't dressed for it. I recommend you take something you can layer just in case. Fortunately, there were blankets available for us.

Bill

3. mrem3200

mrem3200 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done a plane tour 2 times (I don't remember the company I went with). It was a good time and you see a lot of the canyon and the dam on the way back, the plane didn't land at all. The planes were very small (6 seats or so) and the ride very turbulent. Not good for someone with a fear of flying, on my last trip there was a woman that was terrified the whole time.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.