1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hello from the UK!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Northjon, May 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Northjon

Northjon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone.

I am off to Las Vegas for the first time this October (15-21), and after searching around the net I found this amazing resource, so thought I would sign up and make use of the place, and hopefully get some great information.

I am staying at the Monte Carlo for 6 nights. I plan to see a show (hopefully The Rat Pack is Back if its still running then), eat my way through a few spots in town, see the FSE and downtown, mob museum and the like. Oh and Hoover Dam & maybe the Grand Canyon if I can get a good deal via Groupon for a tour.

Would like to do a little gambling, not much as I am not hugely into it really. But hey I'll be in Vegas!

Budget wise, I have paid for the flight & hotel already (£800 combined from Expedia), so i am looking at around £1000-1200 for spending money over the week, would that be sufficient for what I want to do? I think it works out at $1800 or so.

2. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi

Welcome to the board, you will find plenty of info on here as you count the months down to your trip, your budget sounds ok if you are not going to be doing a lot of gambling.

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the congrats on the trip. $1800 over 6 nites could be tough for me if I had some side trips planned. Hope you can find some good deals for those. Goo luck!!!

4. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We don't spend $1800 for two persons for an entire week in Vegas, and that includes airfare, rooms, meals; and about all we do is gamble, eat, and drink! Then again, we generally don't lose much when we do lose, seldom bother with shows and side trips, get most our meals comped, free or heavily discounted rooms, use the bus system, and are generally frugal. (That's what you do when you go every other month.) There are so many variables it's impossible to answer for someone else. Anyway, welcome to the board and have a terrific trip

5. Northjon

Northjon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies and the welcome.

And hopefully I should find some good deals, if not, then its always a reason to go again ;)

6. StuartUK

StuartUK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if your on facebook
    look for myVegas.... a good way to get free stuff! :)
    also use the MSE Forum vegas thread for us brits, very useful!
    and i like u, set a budget as such, i do £100 a day (so $152 a day)... what i win goes in the backpocket and on my last night, i hope to see some winnings!
    did it last time, went home with $700 of winnings out of my $1000 spent (ok, so a $300 loss! :D :D :D )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.