1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hello from Saskatchewan!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Goodfella, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goodfella

Goodfella Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi from the prairies in Canada (Saskatchewan)! Planning our second trip to Vegas in September. We were there last year in October for three nights and stayed at Bally's. We will again stay at Bally's as we had no issues with our stay there last year and the price was right once again.

Last year was our first time to Vegas and we had a great time exploring the strip. We went to see the Jersey Boys show and thought it was fantastic. We were also lucky enough to eat at the Boa Steakhouse as they gave us a table on their balcony which overlooked the strip. Great view and a great meal. However, I am seeing that Boa shut down in January so we will have to find another place to dine for a special meal.

This year we are considering attending Rod Stewart as he will be performing on Sept. 19th. For those in the know, should we buy tickets now online as I worry it will be sold out by the time we get there. Any advice?

This message board was extremely helpful last year and I look forward to visiting often this year as we prep for our trip.

Cheers!

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board.Glad you enjoyed Jersey Boys - we saw it in April and loved it. Hope someone on here can provide info on Rod Stewart... sure wish he was there when we go back in August. Hope you have a great trip!!

3. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hullo and welcome. Jersey Boys is on their Canadian tour as we type. Calgary right now I think. Saskatoon in Sept/Oct.

4. Bruinfan1

Bruinfan1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board (again) - hope you find more great info.

Perhaps you can contribute something for us. A Lions fan from BC was interested in watching a game while in Vegas this summer, wanted to know where or how to watch. I suggested finding a Saskatchewan fan since...well, everyone in Saskatchewan would rather watch the Riders on TV in Vegas instead of enjoy a great show, having a fantastic meal, or gambling the night away. :rolleyes2:

Since you were there in October, thought I'd ask if you watched a game while there; if so where did you do so?

5. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    welcome.

6. Goodfella

Goodfella Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the welcomes!

Sorry, but when we went in Oct. last year it was during the week so no games were on. I wouldn't think of being somewhere where I could not watch or at least listen to the Rider game. Ya, we Rider fans are hard core. By the way, did anyone see us demolish the Tiger Cats on Friday night?

Still hoping someone can clue me in about Rod Stewart and whether to buy tickets now or risk it when we get there.

7. Bruinfan1

Bruinfan1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Create a post in "Shows and Entertainment" re: Stewart tickets. Not everyone reads all the Intro posts.

8. allustoms

allustoms Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love my Riders!!!!

I'm pumped for the season now.

And now the so called experts (Matty, Schutzy and crew) can stop insisting that there is no team without Fantuz.

From a fellow melon-head. :thumbsup:

9. Goodfella

Goodfella Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello fellow Rider Prider! Will we miss Fantuz? For sure, the guy is a stud. But, I think Getzlaf and Bagg will step up to the plate and we will hardly miss a beat. And, as we saw on Friday against the Cats, Dressler is one of the best receivers in the league. Finally, I like the looks of Justin Harper and once Durant clicks with him, this guy can be a thousand yard reciever as well.

Go Green!

Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.