1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hello from Plymouth, UK

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Topher_UK, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Topher_UK

Topher_UK Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello All,

I thought I'd do some research before my visit to Vegas in November...this messageboard seemed a great place to start!

Topher

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board and good luck on your trip!!

3. MUFC

MUFC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to VMB :thumbsup:

4. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello:
    I'm Jimbo338 near Plymouth, New Hampshire in New England. You Brits steal all of our names, don't you? Lol! Welcome to the flock. There's a lot of information here and don't be afraid to ask.

Jimbo338

5. Topher_UK

Topher_UK Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Jimbo...nice to meet a fellow Plymouthian!!

I like how there are a lot of Plymouth's in the US. My wife, kids and I are visiting the one in Massachusetts in August as part of a road trip around New York/Conn/Mass.

6. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is a great place to visit! Visit the reproduction of the Mayflower and then go to Plymouth Plantation, a recreation of the original settlement. If you have the opportunity take the evening haunted walk with guide, it is a real hoot. You will see some full size statutes of the Pilgrims who were quite short by today's standard. They feared the Indians (native americans) who were meat eaters and quite tall in comparison. Plymouth is the site of the first thangsgiving, a feast prepared by the grateful pilgrims for the native people. Vennison was the meal but it being a free meal and all, a lot more natives showed up than anticipated so the pilgrims and natives had to hunt some turkey to feed the crowds and thus the tradition of turkey dinner on Thanksgiving, now a national holiday in the US.

While there, enjoy a seafood dinner at one of several restaurants. I cannot remember their names other than the Weathervane which is a small NE chain but very good.

I actually live in Laconia, about 26miles south of Plymouth, NH. I did take a course at Plymouth State University, though I grew up in Connecticut and went to the University of Connecticut. My hometown and state are Naugatuck, Connecticut both native indian words meaning, One tree, Long River. My daughter graduated from Keene State College in Keene, NH but studied at St. Catherine's in York, UK for a year. She has a degree in musical performance, and, of course no one, does theater like the Brits! Incidently if you get the opportunity visit a reproduction of the Globe Theater, in Stratford on the Avon river. Before I moved to NH, I always attended a professional production of a Shakespearian play there.

While in New England, be sure to enjoy a lobster dinner and some pancakes with pure maple syrup, or maple candy,(not sugar with maple flavor). My daughter had a friend from St. Catherine's visit with us for 4 weeks and while enjoying a week on the coast of Maine with my wife and kids, they had Sarah shuck corn and cook it outside in the lobster pot, a summer favorite here. She had never had corn on the cob in the UK. Boiled for about 10 minutes soon after harvested from the garden coated with butter and salted,nothing tastier.

Don't forget to save some money for LV, though, they have a large electric bill to pay! Have fun.

Jimbo338

7. Lexlthr

Lexlthr Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome aboard! :beer:

8. huff1988

huff1988 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome.

9. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board. Have a fine November trip.

later, GVJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.