1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hello from New Zealand

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by kiwigreg, Mar 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwigreg

kiwigreg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm organising a trip to Las Vegas for myself and 4 mates in August. We are booked in for 8 nights at the Palazzo and really looking forward to playing some golf and experiencing Vegas for the first time. As we get closer to the time I will be looking for some advice of where to go and what to do while we are there!

2. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board kiwi. Will this be the first time in Vegas for all of you?

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  3. kiwigreg

kiwigreg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two of the guys have been before but new for the other three.

4. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board! Ask away with any questions....everyone will be glad to help. Hope you'll tell us all about it with a TR....have a great time!!!

5. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome Greg! We're glad you're here!!!

6. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    when in August?, I'm coming in the 8th and would love to blow the minds of the other 3
    well whom am I kidding?, I'll blow all 5 of your minds with the "real Lads Vegas":wink2:

7. kiwigreg

kiwigreg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, we arrive on Friday the 7th - and leave the following Saturday off to Phoenix for four nights and some golf and then another four nights in san Francisco on the way home.

8. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Kia ora.

Let me just start by saying you live in one of the most awesome nations/places in the world, and we've not even had the pleasure of visiting the South Island yet!

If you need recommendations on Vegas or Phoenix golf speak up; a lot of knowledgable traveling golfers here and I write about it for a living. Do you plan to play in/around SF, too?

10. kiwigreg

kiwigreg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for that. We got a great deal for the golf in Scotsdale, 4 nights accommodation and rounds of golf at TPC Champions, TPC Stadium and the Kierland Golf Club for just $US329 per person - I guess it might be quite cheap because of the temperature in August?. We haven't booked any golf in Las Vegas yet, but are likely to play in an Ambrose tournament at Bali Hai and maybe two to three other games - which courses would you suggest? At this stage we haven't got a car, but could hire one for a couple of days if we need one to get to courses further out. Also a game or two in San Francisco might be good too. I welcome any advice.

11. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Funs plays. And, yes, those are summer-incentive prices. Been chasing those for years and years myself. At Kierland see if you can play the Acacia-Ironwood routing; Mesquite is the least of the three nines there. If you happen to add a round, head over the hills to We-Ko-Pa; play either, they are the two best (public) courses over there.

In Vegas, consider a round or two at LV Paiute and TPC Las Vegas. Also check summer rates at Reflection Bay! In SF, Presidio, Harding Park (spendy now that it has been resurrected), Lincoln Park (quirky but iconic views). If you find yourselves for some reason heading to Monterey play the poor man's Pebble -- Pacific Grove.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.