1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hello from Atlanta, GA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by RSaxon07, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RSaxon07

RSaxon07 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello everyone, my name's Rashad, I'm 24 and I'm from Atlanta, Georgia. I fell in love with Vegas in June of 2010 on my first trip. I've been back 4 times since then.

I was in the United States Navy for 4 years and I'm currently a college student studying criminal justice

I've been to almost every major city in the world and even been to a few places over seas (Europe) yet, Sin City is my all time favorite place to go and "play" ;)

I hope I find a bunch of friendly, Vegas-loving people on this site

-Rashad

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board Rashad. Most of us are addicts on here too and love to talk about Mecca when we are not there. :)

3. tonysoprano24

tonysoprano24 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Rashad! I am in the same boat as you...I'm actually from Atlanta and had my first trip in 2008 when I turned 21 and havent looked back since...I'm 25 now and lucky to live in Arizona where its a 45 min flight to vegas!

welcome to the board

4. RSaxon07

RSaxon07 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aww man you're lucky! My gf is from AZ (Yuma, to be exact) and we drove to Vegas from there during Xmas of 2011. Loved the little road trip. I can't do AZ tho. I've been 2 or 3 times and it didn't suit me. I don't know... But you're lucky to have such short/cheap flights to get to heaven. Thanks for the welcome. I'm actually going from February 7-10. I'll be going for the first time by myself but I'm not sure what to do or how I'll feel doing Vegas alone. Any advice? I love clubbing, drinking and gambling of course (blackjack and roulette, sometimes craps) I'll be staying at Excalibur because of its proximity to NYNY. Have you ever done Vegas alone? How'd you make out?

5. VegasKing

VegasKing Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also live in Atlanta. Welcome to the board.

6. feltbettor

feltbettor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice to meet you Rashad.

7. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome Rashad. I'm also in Atlanta. Returned from my last trip Monday night and made my first trip to Vegas from Atlanta in 1985.

8. RSaxon07

RSaxon07 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the welcome!

9. tonysoprano24

tonysoprano24 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes actually my first trip in 2008 was a solo one...it was great because you can do whatever you want whenever you want just because you feel like it no need to coordinate with everyone. I am a poker player mostly so that might have something to do with it since even if I go with my friends I end up splitting up and going to the poker rooms.

My philosophy is go with friends but if you can't find any to go with dont let that hold you back fr Vegas! It's the only city I'd have just as much fun solo or with friends

10. RSaxon07

RSaxon07 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alright man thanks. I hope I have just as much fun! I'm just going on a whim. Looked up tickets to Vegas leaving in the next 2 weeks and saw that the weekend of the 7-10 wasn't bad so I booked it. I just need to get away from everyone for a minute. No better place than Sin City

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.