1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hello- first timer

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by danfish58, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danfish58

danfish58 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In going to LasVegas in june. Its for our 30 wedding anv.. Never been there before. We'll be staying at Harrahas. Whats the best & cheapest way yo get around. Where can I get beer & wine in the area. Is there anything I must see. Thanks

2. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One way to get around on the strip is the deuce deuce. it think it's $7 all day, if it's the same as 2009. It shuttles people up and down the strip.

I usually vote for taxis though.

Umm it's Vegas so you can find beer, wine, and all alcohol very easily anywhere on the strip - or anywhere that is. If you're looking for store-bought there's tons of liquor stores and there's a Walgreens near Planet Hollywood which stocks alcohol.

The places I love to hit, or want to hit in Vegas are:
    Bacchanal Buffet brunch (bottomless mimosas, crab legs cut in half, tons of great stuff)
    Fat Tuesdays for their frozen daiquiri drinks (share a yardstick with your husband)
    Todai sushi buffet (they used to have one where I live but it closed down)
    Walk in the Bellagio
    Earl of Sandwich (order The Original - you won't be disappointed)
    Serendipity for their famous Frozen Hot Chocolate
    Sugar Factory for their great alcohol-filled sweet goblets (my favorite is the sour patch)
    Minus 5 Ice Bar - I've never been but really want to!

3. Steelers7

Steelers7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, welcome to the board :wave: Congrats on the 30 yr anniversary! You will be in an area where if you don't mind walking a little you can get to a lot of properties in a short amount of time. Actually, you can get to most of them. I would just take a taxi to NYNY/MGM area, if you wanted to go there. If you find yourself too far away from Harrah's you can always just take a cab back to your hotel when you're ready to return. The fountains at Bellagio are free to watch at night, the view atop the Eiffel tower is nice at night ($17). Really would need more information as to what you like, or enjoy doing, comedians? magic? theatrical? Celine, Olivia? Elvis? how long is your stay?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.