1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by VegasSteven, Oct 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasSteven

VegasSteven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just found this group and wanted to join and say hello.

I basically have two times of the year: The times I'm in Vegas, and the times I'm not. I've taken 31 trips there so far, over 10 years. In 2006 I discovered downtown and have been smitten with Fremont Street and Fremont East ever since. I'm excited about the development down there and can hardly keep up with it.

I honestly believe there is no place quite like downtown Las Vegas on earth. A short, walkable street with the world’s largest video screen stretched above you. Accompanied by music, talent, cover bands, all kinds of Fremont characters, and more. No affiliation. Not a shill, etc, etc. Just love downtown.

And so now, I generally spend all of my time in Las Vegas down there, save for maybe a short afternoon trip to the Strip. And then, I’m usually at Cosmopolitan or Mirage. More on that later…

Anyway, I really enjoy talking and writing about the downtown area. See? I'm already getting long-winded about it. So I'll sign off now before I get carried away.

Looking forward to reading your posts and discussing Vegas with you!

Thanks for letting me join your group!

Steven

2. Aw234

Aw234 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome Steven, I share you passion for Downtown. We stay at Main Street Station for at least half of are trip. Some years we never made it to the strip but the last few years we do hit MGM for a shot at the Lion Share progressive. Last trip was Sept. and started looking for air for Rockabilly weekend.

Aw234

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Steven! Welcome to VMB :) You've joined a bunch of addicts here.....LV is our fav place too :)

4. pikabu

pikabu Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Steven, welcome to the group. We discovered downtown a couple of years ago and now stay for 2-3 nights there every trip.

Let us know your experiences in the hotels there. Have you ever stayed at the Plaza? Particularly since the renos. The only place we have ever stayed downtown is at the Plaza; to date, we have been quite happy there.

Look forward to your contributions on this board.:wave:

5. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome.

6. VegasSteven

VegasSteven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Plaza

Funny you should ask about the Plaza. I have not stayed there yet, but I plan to on my next trip this January. I'll be there for about three nights and plan to hit the few remaining hotels downtown I haven't stayed in yet, one per night.

So far downtown, I've stayed in the following:

Golden Nugget
    Golden Gate
    El Cortez
    Four Queens
    Main Street Station
    Fitzgerald's (before it became the D)

I liked them all but tend to flock towards the Golden Nugget the most. It's become like a second home. El Cortez is one I love too.

I think I'll post reviews on here if there are separate threads for hotel reviews.

Thanks for the welcomes!

Steven :beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.