1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hello (again)!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Jimbo338, Jul 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello everyone,
    I am not exactly new. I stumbled on this small chatroom that seem different than the rest after my first few trips to LV. I was the 130th member and I think it was October 2000. I didn't make it to LV this year, due to a 2.5 year divorce and the loss of home and business properties. The good news is that when you are homeless, you really learn who your friends are! Secondly, you also learn to appreciate the many things that we take for granted as we go through life.

I have a home and am doing well now, somewhat retired and planning my 21st trip either in November of this year or my usual feb/march trip. I was surprised to see that Southwest Airlines is already accepting reservations into march of 2016 already.......must be doing well with fewer flights and cheaper aviation fuel and prices that are a bit higher than they used to be. Hotels too seem less expensive til you figure in the resort fees and tax......I guess I have to do my homework. I will try to get caught up and up to date in the wealth of information available here. I hope all is well and that most of my old colleagues are still here and contributing.

I imagine I will notice a lot of changes, having missed a year and sadly talked to a friend who was somewhat disgusted with all the people dressed ridiculously downtown, hoping to get a tip for being in a pic with you. This was one of the last issues that I recall being discussed here when I was an active participant.

It's good to be back and I hope I can contribute again in a positive way!

Jimbo338
    Laconia, NH

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Jimbo,
    Sorry you have experienced so many difficult life events BUT glad to hear you are returning to Mecca! Good luck!!!

3. Brick

Brick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing your story. You have survived the storm and now it is time to enjoy the light. Welcome back.

4. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome back, you can't lose at life unless you quit
    you don't sound like a quitter to me
    good to meet you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.