1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Head to head BJ tournament advice

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by Happygirl21, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Next month I will be participating in my first invitational only head to head tourny. It is a multi deck game, 10 hands and done. Wondering what great advice any of you tournament players might have. I have played in multi-player elimination type games ( never really making it past the 3rd round). Looking for ideas: Doubling on soft 11's, splitting 10's, crazy stuff that I would never do in a "real" game.

Thanks a bunch :)

In the planning phase.
  2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With blackjack tournaments you usually want to take risks to try and get the lead but then once you have it you want to play it safe and do a lot of bet matching to try and maintain the lead.

The big thing a lot of players end up forgetting is: it doesn't really matter if you win by $1, $100 or $1000... so long as you win.

So some players will play with the intention of not just getting the lead but then once they have the lead to keep on pressing it to keep increasing the lead, when it really doesn't matter

3. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The thing is with this tourn it's one on one. So I won't even have a clue what other players have. They will post the winners at the end of the night or next morning and then you have 30 days to collect any winnings ( cash). Should be interesting.

The play they start you with is $25,000.00 tournament chips.

But you are 100% correct $1, $100 or $1000... a win is a win. I would say I have been guilty of the pressing, hence why I probably never get past the 3rd round,lol. Thanks for that thought :)

In the planning phase.
  4. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's basically built like a slot tournament.

What is table max? I would just bet the table max the whole way and hope for the best.

5. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a good question, I really don't know. I know it's 10 hands.

In the planning phase.
  6. topcard

topcard Older than the Stardust!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it would depend on the number of entrants.

If it's a lot (say, 100 or more), I would play aggressively - using, say, a 3-hand parlay strategy - $2500, win, $5000, win, $10,000, win, then back to $2500. Repeat. Return to $2500 on a loss. On your final bet, bet as much as you need in order to assure a finish over $25,000.

If it's just a few people - say, 25 or 50 - I'd play very conservatively - use basic strategy on all of your plays, never wagering more than 10% of your bankroll at the start of each hand.

As for splitting tens or doubling soft-11, no. It's only ten hands. You take your 20 & blackjack for the wins that they are.

The only 'crazy' plays I might make is to not surrender your 15/16 against a dealer 10...hit (or stand) & take your chances.
    I might also be inclined to double low soft-hands against a dealer crap-card, when you would normally just hit...stuff like A-2 vs. 3. I'd double that in this kind of tournament.
    I would double on any 12 vs a dealer crap-card. (4 cards bust you and 9 don't).

NOTE: I've never played in this kind of tournament, but I would think that the strategy is sound.
    Good luck!
    :beer:

Seems like forever from now, but the flights are booked, so it counts!
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.