1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Haven't been in a while and need some advice

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by BillysNuts, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillysNuts

BillysNuts Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey,

I haven't been to Vegas in years and I'm headed there in September for a bachelor party. I'm trying to figure out the best way to get a good room rate since I don't have any points, etc. with any of the hotels.

I'm sure I've been flushed out of Mandalay Bay's system after the long period of no activity.

Any suggestions are appreciated. There are going to be 6 of us.

Thx in advance.

2. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

Will you be playing? Enough play to warrant any comps, or will this just be the drunken debauchery of a bachelor party?

If comps are not part of the equation, you can sometimes find really good deals bundled on the travel sites like Orbitz and all that...BUT, once you do that, your play CAN NOT be removed as comp, regardless of play. The room is prepaid.

If gambling is part of the equation, enough gambling, start lower with Harrah's/Quad/Bally's (CET) or Luxor/Mirage/NYNY (MGM) and hope your play qualifies to get some of your stay comp'd off

3. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good point about gambling being a factor because you could get your room for free as you will probably have plenty of gambling opportunities while others are sleeping off their hangovers.

Figure out which places you would like to stay and sign up for their mailing list to get deals.

Also if you aren't too concerned about rooms you can usually get cheap rooms at Ballys, Flamingos and Harrahs.

4. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    smartervegas.com has pretty much all the room deals listed for the public

5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also post many of the same deals as smartervegas in the Hotel Offers section of the board. ;)

6. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i would still try giving vip services a call and seeing if they have any offers for you. You may be surprised at the results. I havent played at NYNY in at least 4 years and they're sending me some decent offers in my email. Only problem is you need to call each hotels vip # individually. Some others have mentioned that MB were giving them offers.

Also, if you do go through one of those travel sites, make sure you charge your meals to your room. If they can't comp your room with your play they may comp some of your food charges and maybe the resort fees.

7. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I compare alll the sites.

I start at a place like smartervegas, then compare that to expedia and comare both to the hotel itself.

You will be suprised sometimes the deals you can get direct from the hotel can be the cheapest without all the potential restrictions like no cancellations.

Also get your own room. There are thousands of rooms in these hotels and nothing will ruin the fun faster then a bunch of drunken guys crammed into one no matter how big.

Forget about a suite like in the hangover unless you are a millionaire or gamble like a drunken Pete Rose.

8. BillysNuts

BillysNuts Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thx

Thanks for all of the great advice. I am definitely going to be gambling and so I will probably have to forego the orbitz bookings so that I can utilize my comps. I hadn't thought about that and it's a good point.

I will also check out the hotel section and see what I can find.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.