1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Have you heard of this weight loss stuff

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by weluvvegas, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi VMB friends. I need some unbiased opinions of this weight loss stuff several of my friends are using. It’s that Plexus Slim pink drink stuff. I swear – one of my friends started it, then another, then another and now my facebook feed is literally swimming in sales pitches for the stuff, since they all became “Ambassadors” to get a break on the price.

I’m very skeptical but at the same time, I’d really like to get a review from someone who is using it and NOT selling it. I don’t necessarily need the weight loss aspect of it, nor the appetite suppressant but they say that you feel better when taking it. I do get migraines pretty regularly; have joint pain and low energy. I would love for those symptoms to go away.

I thought asking on the board would be the best idea- that way none of my friends get offended by saying I’m so sick of them spamming my FB wall with their sales pitches and before/after pics. I just want an honest opinion of the stuff because it is really expensive. I’m willing to try it if people who don’t sell it say they like it.

Anyone here use it or know someone who does?

40th Birthday Bash!
  2. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use it and signed up to sell it, but I only signed up to try it for a few months at a lower cost. I do not promote it in any way, nor have I sold any. I haven't even told any friends about it because until I know enough about it, I couldn't in good faith recommend it based on random people's "testimonies".

I use it for water retention right now. I am very sodium sensitive and this was finally the thing that "seems" to combat that.

If I make an effort before summer, I might attempt to lose 10 pounds but I am at a normal weight right now so I'd have to make a real effort I guess.

I intended for my husband to try it as he needs to lose 25-30 pounds to be in normal range. I have not let him try it yet as he is a commercial pilot and I have read reports of people failing drug tests because of the Plexus Accelerator product. The Plexus Slim product is supposed to be okay, but that is not something I am going to chance. So until more information comes out, I won't let him try it.

Maybe you could try it for a month. It would be a little pricey but it seems to be something you would know right away if it was going to work for you or not. (From what I have read) They also have a money back guarantee but I don't know anything about it since I am not selling any.

3. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I lost 130 lbs plus have been in the weight loss industry for the past 7 years.

No expert but pretty close.

that stuff is just hype.

If you want to feel better almost right away just look back to what grandma and grandpa ate.

They ate home cooked, nutritious foods. nothing processed. Its just that simple. Look at how your current diet is arranged and how many chemicals you eat every day that you have no idea of. This is what saps your energy and can be a leading cause of migraines and all sorts of other problems.

i pre cook all my meals about once every 4 days. Of course not the eggs, I just make them. I eat no more than every 4 hours. Not like henry the 8th, just a normal portion. This keeps my blood sugar regulated and everything flowing smoothly.

Thats the trick. Is like if you put the crummiest gas in your car day after day and your car ran rough because of it. Sure it runs but stalls and sputters. you could try fuel additives but it never really is the same as putting the proper gas in the thing to start with.

4. weluvvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I try really hard to eat a good diet but on a whole, I know I don't. I'm a vegetarian so veggies are a staple of my diet. I'm convinced I just don't eat enough. Recently dairy products have been upsetting my stomach and every time I eat pasta I feel like crap the next day. I'm trying to taper off my dairy/egg/gluten ingestion to see if that makes a difference. I'm by no means overweight but I could stand to firm up a few things...I used to do yoga and lift weights but I've slacked off within the last year.

Like today, I ate greek yogurt for breakfast (the only dairy that really doesn't affect me) and half of a bean/veggie burrito from the local mexican restaurant. Flour tortilla - yes and I'm sure I'll be bloated later. But when I get home I should eat dinner - I'm just not hungry so that will probably be all I eat today. Every day is similar. I can't eat if I'm not hungry!

I also don't drink enough water.

These before/after pictures of people drinking this pink stuff are pretty impressive, including one of my best friend who's only been on it for 13 days. But I just can't reason with myself to pay so much for a supply. I mean, that is Vegas money right there!

40th Birthday Bash!
  5. Canuckgem

Canuckgem Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use the Nutriblast juicer that scrunches everything ( and I mean everything!) up into a drinkable mix. Developed health issues over the past 2 years and have found this really helps. I make my drinks using fresh greens, vegies and/or fruits and some nuts/seeds. This seems to be really helping. Lost 20 pounds so far and lowered my blood pressure which is a bonus. I take either one or two drinks per day and one regular meal. I also allow myself one "treat" day per week where I can have whatever I want to eat. What I like most about it is I get to choose the ingredients that I prefer and can tailor the drink contents to my budget.

I think restricting yourself to one product that is expensive would be foolish. Get a machine that makes fresh juices and keep the control over contents in your own hands. No franchises, no "ambassadors", just plain common sense....

6. weluvvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How is that juicer compared to the Vitamix? (I think that's what it is called) My son wants to start having smoothies and things after his football workouts and I've heard its a great juicer/belnder

40th Birthday Bash!
  7. Canuckgem

Canuckgem Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no personal experience with a Vitamix machine, but a friend has one and the results are similar to the Nutriblast machine. What ever machine is used, it should be one that leaves the pulp in the juice as the benefits are from both pulp and juice combined. There is little or no waste from the veggies or fruit. The health benefits are tremendous....

8. Avsman17

Avsman17 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anything you put in your body that isn't a natural food is crap.

If you want to lose weight find a diet that is sustainable for you. For some that is calorie restriction. For me I switched to primal/paleo about two years ago, have lost 100lbs and feel better at 32 than I did at 22. It was all about finding an eating plan I could stomach for the rest of my life. I eat very little gluten and lots of protein and veggies. It's easy. Steak, sweet potato fries and broccoli for dinner tonight. Yum

9. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed! One thing I might add is to look into juicing. Check out Juicing for Dummies on FB, check out Fat Sick and Nearly Dead on Netflix, Gerson Therapy, and Knives over Forks on Netflix. Check out Rebootwithjoe.com
    And yes go back to eating clean. I no longer eat processed foods, have dropped 40 pounds, have incorporated exercise and adding juices to my life.

Good luck!

No expert but pretty close.

that stuff is just hype.

If you want to feel better almost right away just look back to what grandma and grandpa ate.

They ate home cooked, nutritious foods. nothing processed. Its just that simple. Look at how your current diet is arranged and how many chemicals you eat every day that you have no idea of. This is what saps your energy and can be a leading cause of migraines and all sorts of other problems.

i pre cook all my meals about once every 4 days. Of course not the eggs, I just make them. I eat no more than every 4 hours. Not like henry the 8th, just a normal portion. This keeps my blood sugar regulated and everything flowing smoothly.

Thats the trick. Is like if you put the crummiest gas in your car day after day and your car ran rough because of it. Sure it runs but stalls and sputters. you could try fuel additives but it never really is the same as putting the proper gas in the thing to start with.[/QUOTE]

10. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checkout Blenderlady.com for a refurbished Vitamix at a great price. Sometimes I juice, sometimes I blend.

11. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try Lemonwater in the morning, Apple Cider Vinegar and Wheatgrass!

12. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The water issue is the first thing you need to change, water is one of the most overlooked items when people try to lose weight on a consistent basis and with a low carb diet like yours it is even more important. As a trainer I see people of ALL types come in the gym every week, some fat some thin and some what we call skinny fat. When we set up a program water consumption is one thing we emphasize over other "important" things like carb restriction and other flavor of the week issues, that's not saying watching carb intake is not important but in the majority of cases I see and have seen over the past 20 years it's more a quantity issue than a what issue, simply if you intake more than ya burn ya gain weight and water helps you burn fat.

Cosmo Christmas
  13. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just another reason I'm not on Facebook, I guess I'm a little more direct and would have no problem telling someone to feck off to their face or on the phone. These friends seem more concerned about multi-level marketing schemes than your concerns, what's in it for them rather than what you need to make an informed decision about your health.

If you end up buying this stuff, from which "friend" will you order? Won't you offend the other?

14. weluvvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thx Bubba…I would be in the skinny fat category per your definition lol. I DO need to drink more water there is no doubt about that.

Hammie – one of the girls is probably my closest friend out of all of them, we’ve been friends since 9th grade. The other girls would understand, they know we are close. I asked her to send me a trial pack when she places her order; I guess she can get it for free. I mean I would never order something like that without tasting it first. If it is nasty, then I just wasted my money from the start.

I’m just really hesitant to spend the money. I am tight on money for all things except vacations. Vegas included….which is what we are saving up for right now, plus our family summer vaca. That’s why I haven’t renewed my yoga membership yet. I figure I can put that $60 a month into the savings account instead.

I’d like to just get my butt back in gear and do it myself. I’ve done it before – once you slack, it’s hard to get back going. Gonna air up the tires in the bike tomorrow and take it out for a ride on Sunday while it’s still in the 70s here. Supposed to go back to a high of 40 on Monday. Stupid Texas.

40th Birthday Bash!
  15. sammowhammo

sammowhammo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is pretty good review of the ingredients:
    http://supplement-geek.com/plexus-slim-review-ingredients-side-effects/

It's also expensive. Spend the 80 bucks a month on real fresh food - you can buy the ingredients that have some effect on wt loss & skip the other stuff if you want.

I lost 30 lbs a few years ago by going to real food - meat, dairy, veggies & fruit. I take breaks from it - holidays, Vegas, but it's easy to get back to doing.

GL!

16. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've lost over 40lbs by cutting soda and crappy foods. I do work out 5 days a week. It's not easy and all the guys I work out with are way healthier than me and are in better shape. I just have learned a lot from them on the food to take and supplements to use....

Like someone said nature foods are the best.....not processed shit....it's not easy but like someone said I feel soooo much better than I did a year ago !!!!

17. owenstar

owenstar Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I lost 30 lbs and put on almost 15 of muscle 2 years ago. I hired a nutritionist. I lost 20lbs on my own but then hit a wall. They gave me a strict meal plan eating six times a day and structured workouts 6 days a week (3 cardio 3 lifting). The food isn't as yummy, but my body was a machine. I halfed my body fat to about 12%. I felt so much better. The meal plan was very specific and I was weighted and measured weekly. Well worth the six hundred I spent. I now have the knowledge to do it again any time I choose. Infact I start tomorrow. No fads, no miracle pills, none of that. Clean lean foods and protein shakes.

Good luck!

18. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One thing overlooked by able bodied people is to stop being lazy and lift weights.

Adding muscle puts your body into overdrive and you look better. I hate hearing statements like "well I want lose weight first then add muscle" as if the two can't happen simultaneously.

In fact, adding muscle will speed up losing fat.

Also Atkins diet gets a bad rap mainly because some people try to stay on it.

Atkins diet or similar diets should only be a springboard for a normal diet like 3-6 weeks.

I say this because I gain weight in the cold/holiday months and lose it before spring. I like to eat tasty foods but I like to look good.

I go Atkins for a 3 wks, then Garcinia Cambogia 3 times a day with protein shake for breakfast/lunch and eat a nice dinner.

I dunno if the Garcinia works in my appetite suppression or it's the protein shake (160 cal/1g sugar) but for some reason I'm not hungry like I normally am.

When I go to Vegas in May, I'm goign to be eating at buffets and pigging out.

As far as muscle, it's not totally about your number weight but how you look at your weight.

If you are 215 and fat that's not the same as 215 with muscle.

Also when you eat less, your stomach shrinks (inside). You eat a lot all the time, your stomach will be dissended.

Another thing is to stay from so much bread, cakes, pastries, and cookies.
    Think about how the human body was meant to eat in his primal form. All those processed carbs weren't in the picture.

You really wanna lose weight fast? Go low carb, low portion, low fat. You see folks that have had gastrointestinal bypasses? Well their stomach is about the size of golf ball.

Guess what, you can eat like them without the bypass.

I always think to myself, do I know any really fat person that has lived long like past 80? The answer is no.
    I think about that when I get the spare tire hula in the fall/winter and get to work come January/February.

[YOUTUBE]na6yl8yIZUI[/YOUTUBE]

Now...she's a bodybuilder (which have different rules) but the context applies.

19. weluvvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Update: my friend who just started this stuff about 3 weeks ago was raving about how good she felt and how it was keeping hter fibromyalgia symptoms and cluster headaches at bay.....

Well over the weekend she landed in the ER with the worst cluster headache she has ever had. I personally suspect something in the drink or pills triggered it.

I don't think I'll be trying this now!

Thanks for your feedback - I'm just going to get back to lifting weights and riding my bike / hot yoga. Oh, and drinking more water!

40th Birthday Bash!
  20. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

As a student of nutrition, food science and dietetics (home ec major back in the college days), I learned that the best way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you consume and that these quick-fix methods and/or fad diets are a waste of time, and money.
    Eat smart. For example, put half the amount of mayo on a sandwich as you normally use. It may not seem like much, but over a year's time it is. To quench thirst, have good old fashioned water instead of a sugary soda (empty calories). The list goes on and on of various measures one can take without forfeiting taste. Use herbs and spices to season food instead of salt and fat. Cut back on meat/dairy consumption and sub in more fruits and vegs.
    And, get some exercise. That'll burn up calories and you'll feel better.
    It works, it really does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.