1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Have you experienced vandalism in Vegas?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by rob889, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rob889

rob889 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you experienced any damage to your vehicle while being parked in a Vegas lot or structure, whether accidental or intentional? I'm talking everything from door dings, being keyed, slashed tires, break-ins, stolen, etc.

Unfortunately we were the victims of some unprovoked fully intentional dents and it really turned us off from parking at that location again. I'd rather not get into the specifics of our case right now as we're still dealing with it but I would love to hear if anyone else has had any negative occurrences. Given the number of times we've driven to Vegas I guess we were "due" for some bad luck but it's still a tough pill to swallow when it was completely malicious and unnecessary. I'm tempted to valet park from now on to hopefully avoid this but I hate letting valet guys drive my vehicle (it's not even a fancy schmancy car) knowing they only care about getting the car from point A to B as fast as possible so they can move onto the next one.

So what's your story?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  2. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i was run over by a hit and run driver same car twice and my scooter was stolen from the cosmo parking garage:thumbsup:

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm so sorry you've had those negative experiences. I religiously valet park several times a month in Las Vegas and have for 20 years... never had an issue. To be fair, I'm in rental vehicles, but always new vehicles with very, very low milage and the vehicles have been well cared for. Now I know, cause valet parking has been discussed here before, that others will chime in with their horror stories... I'm just saying' my long time experience in Las Vegas has been positive. I tip $5 in and $5 out

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sucks! I've never had a problem in Vegas, but got a nasty door ding in San Francisco while there for a conference. Of course I was driving my husband's car. Oopsie.

5. rob889

rob889 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sorry to hear about your negative experiences. I'm sure you and everyone with a motorcycle or scooter worries about that one idiot that might knock it over for the sake of knocking it over.

It's just frustrating because I almost wish they broke in and stole something because then at least there's a reason for doing so. Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful things weren't worse than they are but it's hard dealing with unanswered questions and the lack of a legitimate motive.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.