1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Has anyone participated in a slot tournament at the Wynn?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by DaiLun, May 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the "pay to play" tournaments?

Just curious because they base the payout table "based on 300 entries". I was curious as to what the average turnout is. The entry fee is $1500.

I want to book another trip in the summer and this tournament intrigues me.

2. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I received the same offer. Based on 300 entries, the $525K offered is a positive expectation ($1,750 for $1,500). You also get a room for three nights. One possible "hitch" is if they offer their high rollers a free buy in or free advance to a second round (or beyond), which would decrease your odds. The high roller Natedogg regularly participated in Wynn tournaments and received an automatic slot in the semi finals. Whether this tournament is open to similar "comps" cannot be determined. Wynn has the option to change any terms at its sole discretion. Nothing in the posted terms indicate there are any eligible players beyond the 300 entrants, or about any eligibility for slotting winners in a future round.

I am going to Vegas a few weeks later, so I am not going to participate, but if this was offered during one of my trips I'd definitely consider playing. I'm playing in a promo there next week based on entries for points earned for a Porsche (or cash payout). Likely won't win due to the fact there will be plenty of $25 or $5 multi-line and slot players earning far more points, but I look forward to playing and staying for three nights before moving on to a CET free slot tournament.

I'm interested to see if anyone here has actually played this type of tournament at the Wynn before, and get a first hand impression.

3. geoff

geoff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the porsche 2nd chance one (for freeplay, not the car) sounds like it had better odds since you have to be there in person..

for the $1500 buy in one, it says it pays freeplay ($250) 300 deep based on 3oo people, so it's more like paying $1250 for 3 nights...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.