1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Has anyone been to Skyfall (previously Mix) yet?

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by Suekel, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw a post elsewhere from someone who visited the recently opened Skyfall at Delano, which was Mix lounge before. I've enjoyed a couple visits to Mix, and was wondering if anyone here had been there yet, or better yet, had some pictures.

Conversely, if I wanted to visit another similar place, what would you recommend? We are not nightclubbers, but like to visit an upscale lounge during the earlier hours, enjoy a couple nice cocktails and maybe a small plate or two, and really like some view or ambience. I've thought about Hyde around 6-8PM for our upcoming trip, so something in that vein. I'm familiar with the Mandarin Bar and am also considering that. Any others I should consider?

Vegas Just Because...
  2. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went last weekend and really enjoyed it. I actually prefer it quite a bit to Mix, mostly because of the decor. They've opened up the central bar area, but the darker tones make it feel more intimate at the same time. They also replaced that row of tables set back from the windows with a more standard lounge setup (two easy chairs on either side of a round table), and revamped the drinks menu. I have to say, though, the menu didn't really appeal to me all that much, although I didn't love the lounge food at Mix, either.

Hyde is a nice option, though I find their drinks to be a bit boring. I also can't speak to the food, since I haven't eaten there since the changeover to Lago. However, you can't beat the view, and during the pre-club hours, they pipe in the music from the Bellagio fountains during the shows, which I like a lot. I'd also consider Foundation Room, which has similar views to Skyfall in the outdoor area, and pretty good food.

3. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Delano Las Vegas Facebook page contains a video of the Skyfall Lounge.

4. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Kelly, I will check it out!

Vegas Just Because...
  5. 2tweetz

2tweetz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been there too... it's lovely and I agree with 44inarow.. d├ęcor is better.. better seating... but they do need more seats outdoors! It's definitely worth having a cocktail at sunset if you can do it. The other option on the Mandalay Bay side is the Foundation Room, also great views and lovely sunsets...

6. JoJoR

JoJoR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only been to Mix once... and it was for happy hour. Is there a cover charge later in the evening like Foundation Room?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.