1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots Has anybody ever tried $100. slots?

Discussion in 'Slots' started by sheilawithvegasfever, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheilawithvegasfever

sheilawithvegasfever Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wondering if the penny and nickel slots can take $5.+, would you be better taking $500. and play five pulls on a $100. slot?

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Generally the long term return on high denoms are better but at that few spins anything can happen. I would get more enjoyment out of 500 spins at $1 each. In the end you'll end up losing your $500 but would you rather do it in less than a minute or a couple of hours? I know that slots have a high built in HA so if I'm playing them I like it to be a slow bleed and be entertained with some nifty bonus rounds and the occasional big win. I'm notorious for my 40 and 80 cent bets on Bierhaus or 50 cent spins on an old school Red While And Blue reel slot. I prefer tables honestly.

3. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like to play the 25-100 slots. I don't put a ton of money thrum you never know about these. I remember the first 100 pull I won 50 credits. I've been addicted to these electronic Crack after that

4. sheilawithvegasfever

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. I am going in November, will be my 24th time. I have intentions to try the $100. slot with a limit of $1k. Will followup with results.

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any time I've been tempted with a HL slot I remember back to playing a 2 credit 25cent machine at 50 cents a pull. My $20 lasted me 41 spins. Variance is a son of a.......

6. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, you wouldn't be better taking the five $100 pulls.

When you are talking about playing only five plays things like "house edge" and "payback percentage" mean absolutely nothing.

7. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With $1000 as your limit, you might find it better to try a $25 2-coin or even a $10 2-coin slot. Those can still have big jackpot amounts, and you'll at least be able to stick around for more than a few pulls to have a chance. Whatever you do, record it with video, and upload it so we can watch

8. gearman06

gearman06 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried one at the GN for the first time when we were downtown last month. Ran $800 through it and all I hit was 1 cherry. I`m gonna rethink my strategy before I go back in November.

9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only time I ever played a $100 slot was on a freeplay voucher at Caesars. I had gone in the HL slots room to get a regular slot voucher from my front money. Figured what the hell, put the 4 x $25 freeplay vouchers into a $100 reel machine, hit the button, won 5 credits, cashed out.

10. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being that the $100 would really be $200-$300 I don't foresee me ever playing that denomination.
    The most I could see me doing is $10 machine but that would have to be after many drinks and I had a surplus in budget left.

11. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did something similar on my past 2 trips

I have a 500$ enveloppe that i use for 10 spins in a 50$ a pull slot

First time i ended up with about 350$
    Second time i had about 100$

Ill try it again on my next trip

12. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play $100 and $500 if i ever play a standard slot machine, i believe the payback on these is set much higher than on the lower denom machines.

I have had some nice hits but nothing over mid 5 figures. On the other hand the most i have liat has been about 20k on the $500 machine when it got cold. I think i will try the top dollar one next trip

13. sheilawithvegasfever

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My bankroll would not allow me to play a $500. slot. But I will try the $100. for 1k. I will try about 8 single and two at $200. each spin. Will post results. Trip dates are 11/10/14-11/14/14. In the past, I have played $10x2 spins and walked away as soon as I get ahead. I never stay at one machine long. One of my tricks is to play a machine after a person feeds and leaves a slot with no results. It usually works!

14. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting theory. I think I am going to tr this on the 500 machine when i see someone on it for a few spins with no luck.

15. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last year, my self and a bunch of guys all contributed $200 each for the $100 slot machine. I think we had $2200. We got it up to $3,600, but eventually lost it all.

This past weekend, my drunk self walked into the HL room at NYNY to play BJ. My host was there, so we struck up a conversation at the bar that got me diverted. After she left, I put $100 in the bar machine to play cleopatra. I hit max bet thinking it was $9. The machine hit for $5200 and I realized I had just bet $80 on that spin.

Moral of the story, be stupid and you have a better chance.

16. PerryP

PerryP Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't but have accidentally played a $25 slot once with the watch of the slot attendant. I was playing in the HL room playing $5 double diamond. This was one of those multi-denom machine where you can play either $5, $10, or $25 a spin. I put $100 into the machine and was going to change it to $5. For some reason it wouldn't. I called the slot attendant and she came over to see what the deal was. It ended up I had already press the credit button. Once that is pressed it will not allow you to change the amount. She then agreed that if I didn't hit anything on the $25 spin she would give me $25 cash back. But I got lucky and won $125 winning 5 credits for mixed bars.

17. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Played a few.

Very first time, put in a $100 and hit $7000 or something like that. A real HOLY SHIT moment.

Been a few late nights I just said - screw all this crap and did a few hundred... no wins.

18. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The most I've bet is $25 a hand at $5 video poker...
    I did the $1000 loss rebate at Palms...play $5 9/6 DDB (with intentions to hit a quad and quit) Lost that $1000...but got $15k worth of coin-in...

Palace Tower Suite!
  19. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never play slots but if I am winning from the tables, I will try the $100 slots with the 2 credit max machines. I do not put much into them, usually $1000 and try them. I have come out ahead but again, I do not play them long term.

At mgm I put in a few hundred (Carolina Super Bowl game) and won 8k, at ballys in ac I won a few times (800-2100) and I cashed out.

I only play them when I'm up but very rarely and came out ahead even without the mgm win.

In the long term, I have no idea how you would do.

20. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If that tactic would actually improve your average overall result then the machine would be illegal in Nevada and most other states. Every machine is supposed to be completely random. But this type system often gives players the"feeling" that they do better because they can't believe a machine can pay off big for two players in a row.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.